An affordable V-Twin alternative....

al_roethlisberger

so what's the intended use of such a bike? The only give bling bling names and numbers. Not the weight, or wheelbase/trial/rake. The forks look like placed for a lowrider. Only using expensive parts isn't enough to get a sports bike.

44338[/snapback]

.... I dunno, for fun?? :P

I would guess that it really isn't meant to be a "sportsbike" per se, just based on the niche. I would say it is more of a "power cruiser", like the Griso or V-Max.

But it's not for me, just on price alone... any bike over ~$15k is silly if you ask me.... not to mention it is just a bit too "busy" in the styling department.

But to each their own, and personal taste :huh2: I personally like to admire almost all cool machines, even if I personally am disinterested in owning one.

I'm sure someone out there would love to own and ride this bike though, for no other reason that the enjoyment of doing so, just like some enjoy a pricey limited edition MV, "chopper", or anachronistic MG race bike like the MGS :whistle: ...while others can't figure out why you'd want any of the above ;)

I think it's an interesting design though, although again.... waaaaaaay overpriced from my point of view, even considering that it is a true custom/low-volume bike.

BWT, the specs you ask about are all listed on the spec sheet in the original post :D

al

P.S.

In case it wasn't clear, the original post/topic was spiced with a bit of sarcasm :rolleyes:

There are some really crap bits on it, like the sticky out forward facing air filter. Yuck. And just because you machine your Harley clone air cooled rattling thumper out of solid billet aluminium doesn't make it work any better. It's also a very wasteful way of making anything, and doesn't necessarily give the best metallurgical properties.

And another thing, why would your girlfriend want to sit on a pair of end cans instead of a seat?

It's revolting, impractical and stupidly expensive.

There are some really crap bits on it, like the sticky out forward facing air filter. Yuck. And just because you machine your Harley clone air cooled rattling thumper out of solid billet aluminium doesn't make it work any better. It's also a very wasteful way of making anything, and doesn't necessarily give the best metallurgical properties.

And another thing, why would your girlfriend want to sit on a pair of end cans instead of a seat?

It's revolting, impractical and stupidly expensive.

44346[/snapback]

...gosh, how do you really feel about this? :lol:

I agree about your final two points though, but the first(revolting) is really a matter of personal taste ;)

Hey, at least it's not another "Quiz" thread, which BTW, contained some stinkers themselves :P

al

ok I found the details, 4 inch longer as my bike. What surprizes me is the Harley, very protecting their name and even sound, allows lot's of american manufacturers to build clones of their engine.

If someone wants to spend money on something special, I have a better one: the NCR Macchia Nera.build almost compete from titan, and with a duc superbike engine with 180 horses. 135 kg's!! There is one and it's for sale. 150.000 euro

For less money you get the millona ( 30.000 euro) 84hp and 115 kg! or for 36000 euro with 104 hp ( both rearwheel) and maore expensive parts

This one has a ducati 1000 ds engine.

macchia.JPG

machia1.JPG

millona.JPG

Screw that! I want one of these for a mere 20K US, I saw a much prettier version by someone else I wanted to use for a quiz but unless I scan it thats a no go. But I'm sure someone has read that magazine ANYway.

150 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 195 foot-pounds at 3000 rpm 1/4mi in 9.6 ticks :notworthy:

Hey, at least it's not another "Quiz" thread, which BTW, contained some stinkers themselves  :P

al

44348[/snapback]

I was hoping the quiz threads would continue, I almost got the last one and was definitely getting better at "googling"! The real stinker was only annoying because I almost proposed that someone had put a Stuart marine engine in a bike as it looked so similar, but not being able to substantiate the theory thought I would get laughed off the planet. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the answer.

Yeah that was one hard quiz I liked it. :grin:

leave it to martin to find the impossible I wouldn't be suprised if there was less than 2 stellars left in the world made for 2 years almost 100 years ago, hell maybe none. I bet they got scrapped for motors in jonny boats.