low rider

Guest Buzz

This may sound like a dumb question but is there a way of lowering the back of the Lemans about one inch. I took off the seat and sat on the battery box and at 5'10'' the riding position felt perfect. Hands and feet in the right position. I know on other bikes you can change the rear shocks with shorter ones but this is my first mono shock bike. Also, I was going to change the clip-ons with higher ones but lowering the back would be my first choice. At the cost of clip-ons and cable mods. a rear shock may be cheaper. Any Ideas?

Buzz.

I too thought clip-ons would be too expensive based on everything I had found until I emailed Agostini and got the following response:

"Thank you for the recent e-mail concerning the 54mm Tommaselli clip-ons.

Yes, you heard correct, the clip-ons of Tommaselli will make the bike more

comfortable without having to change the cables, etc.. The price of these

very popular and fantastic clip-ons are 82.63euro, which will be just about

the same in American currency since the exchange rate between euro and

dollar are almost equal."

I ordered them today, I'll post about the improvement over stock after I have them installed. However it may be a while since my LeMans has been at the dealer going on 2 months now and is still waiting for parts to come from the mother country.

Here's the web address:

www.agostiniduilio.com

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
This may sound like a dumb question but is there a way of lowering the back of the Lemans about one inch. I took off the seat and sat on the battery box and at 5'10'' the riding position felt perfect. Hands and feet in the right position.  I know on other bikes you can change the rear shocks with shorter ones but this is my first mono shock bike. Also, I was going to change the clip-ons with higher ones but lowering the back would be my first choice. At the cost of clip-ons and cable mods. a rear shock may be cheaper.  Any Ideas?

Buzz.

On the Le Mans, you can soften the rebound (the clicker on the remote reservoir). At 5'9", I'm flat footed on my bike. The bike has too much sag this way for me, I'm going to use it on the track a couple of times this year and need to raise the rear by adjusting preload (a pain in the arse). You can also use the preload adjuster to adjust the height of the rear end, you just have to understand that the bike will handle differently. You just have to figure out how aggressively you ride. If you're not too aggressive, you can get away with lowering the rear end without really noticing any handling quirks. If you do ride on the aggressive side, set up the suspension the right way and try to modify the seat. Shaving off the top and the sides goes a long way to helping you reach the ground easier. Or you can ride a dirt bike with a 37" seat height for a while and your Le Mans will feel like a low rider. :)

Guest Darth Maul

hallo Ragin pit bull,

soften the rebound would not help lowering the V11. It will just slow the effect of the bike rebound back to its position. if you r goin to the track... you might want to dial in a couple more click to get more feed back.

Buzz,

as for you, trimming the edge of the seat would be the best alternative. You would have to compromise comfort. Lowering the V11 too much might get you bottoms out when you hit the next pot hole.

already i find the current Scura i am riding bottoms out when i go over pot holes.

I m goin to increase the rear ride height when i got the time.

Francis

Honda VTR1000SP1

Honda VFR800Vtec

V11 scura

Thanks for your help. Like I said It was a dumb question but now I know not to mess with the back suspension in that way. Put another 150 miles on it yesterday and may try higher clip-ons but all in all this bike is a blast.

Buzz

Guest Darth Maul

hey Buzz,

Its better to ask a dumb question once n learn then not asking and be dumb forever...!!!

Dun apologize... we are all here to learn. Thats what the forum are for.

cheers

:bier:

Francis

VTR1000SP1

VFR800Vtec

V11 Scura

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
hallo Ragin pit bull,

soften the rebound would not help lowering the V11. It will just slow the effect of the bike rebound back to its position. if you r goin to the track... you might want to dial in a couple more click to get more feed back.

Oops, I meant compression. If you soften the compression, the bike will sag more under your weight.