TLM centerstand for V11 Sport

callison

When I put the bike back together for the second transmission install, I stopped short of installing the exhaust cross-over and tried out the "correct" stand.

Well, it works. Sorta. With the exhaust off, it does fit, but it has both wheels solidly in contact with the pavement. This could be due to the different frame (1996) and WP stuff I have on the bike, but probably not. This sort of negates the utility of a centerstand unless all you want to do is park straight up when on level pavement. Not much use for changing a tire and questionable stability if parked in a dipped area.

With no instructions, assembly is a guess. AFTER I removed it, I noticed that two of the spacers were slightly different. I don't know whether that offset would have cured the interference fit with the exhaust cross-over or not, I had already re-installed the exhaust system. Since I have a stock exhaust system, I don't know if a Stucci or another cross-over would fare better. \

I didn't take any photos. Sorry.

Guest Nogbad

Any chance of a photo of the stand and fixings. I am wondering about making one from scratch that will fit around the crossover and raise the wheel enough for stability.