Crash course...

Martin Barrett

Appology to those who have seen this on wildguzzi (2 threads) or elsewhere.

The video makes interesting viewing, and there are interesting comments, especially mine :D

You know something going to happen. See how many things you spot on your first view through

http://wildguzzi.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=1231

and there are interesting comments, especially mine  :D

45890[/snapback]

Excellent insight.

The cage driver should have been more alert to the second bike.

But I still attribute 98% of the fault to the second bike.

The first bike gets 1% for being a lousy leader and suv gets 1% for not predicting such an idiotic move.

Riding in groups can be a challenge.

There is a tendency in groups to automatically follow the leader when one should always ride ones own ride and keep a safe buffer.

NEVER pass where someone could turn left(UK, Japan, etc. read right).

One of the biggest faults I see is that passer often don't check their mirror to see if they are getting passed before they pass.

I have enjoyed the thrill of using the oncoming shoulder as a passing lane a few times because the people I was passing did not check there mirror before passing.

Kinda fun actually. :ninja: And it is my obligation to be prepared to use the oncoming shoulder.

Always have an escape route.(not sure if I live up to that...but good to preach)

Ride well!

Guest robbrugg

Amatures.

When I come up on a slow cager, I think of two things:

1) Car drivers can't see US

2) SLOW car drivers can't see ANYTHING, because they are most likely an imbicile. They don't know where they are going, lost, too old, too inexperienced, afraid, etc.

I will pass when SAFE/more safe - (no cross streets), or just back off, or pull off and rest. Passing on a double yellow with cross streets behind a cager is amaturish. I want to ride forever!