FrankenSport fails its test ride.

callison

Damn. FrackenSport failed its test ride. It''s still blowing the ECU fuse when the throttle is whacked open while riding. It will not blow the fuse if the bike is sitting in neutral and in fact, it can be revved higher sitting in my garage than I normally rev to when accelerating hard. So, at a guess, it's something to do with a wire shifting somewhere under acceleration and causing a problem. Or not.

The right side of the rear end is dribbling lube after a 25 mile ride. It didn't used to do that, so I guess that the rear outer bearing has expired as well.

Weirdly, after I parked it, water started dripping water from the right side silencer at the forward end by the rivets.

Part of the internal combustion process actully makes water (don't bother asking me the exact chemical reaction formula I don't know). If the exhaust system isn't allowed to get hot enough like when the vehicle is used for short distances it will gather in the exhaust system.

Dunno about franken sport but on my carbed 1100 sport a few of the connectors have been prone to the green copper corrsion on the connectors. These are the older molex style ones the amp ones usally pretty good.

I'm no lektrishun, but could the nuetral safety switch be causing the problem ?

46151[/snapback]

Doubt it. Wrong circuit. Only happens under harder acceleration. Weird...

Part of the internal combustion process actully makes water (don't bother asking me the exact chemical reaction formula I don't know). If the exhaust system isn't allowed to get hot enough like when the vehicle is used for short distances it will gather in the exhaust system.

Dunno about franken sport but on my carbed 1100 sport a few of the connectors have been prone to the green copper corrsion on the connectors. These are the older molex style ones the amp ones usally pretty good.

46149[/snapback]

25 mile ride should have gotten the exhaust system nice and toasty. Only drips on the right side too. I had forgotten how powerful the V11 Sport is after riding just the V65 last year and the California lately. V11 Sports pull like a freight train. Exhilerating.