v11 brake lever - will 1100sport fit

Guest bc1

Will a brake lever from a carb sport1100 fit on a 2000 v11? I have a friend in town on a long ride, his broke, dealer doesn't have one, wondering if I can swap him mine just to get him home?

Thanks

Brian

Two options find a decent aluminium welder won't be pretty but cheap and it will work. Or get a billet one made at a decent machine shop it will be cheaper than getting the factory orginal one. Its unlikely the dealer will be able to get you one as the factory no longer stocks/manufacturers the specfic one for the 1100 sport.

The really crude but readily avalible option is to get a set of locking vice grips and lock them onto whatever is left of the orginal leaver perfably a few zip ties or lock wire around the jaws of the pliers thats the usual road side repaier for gear leavers at least.

How soon do you need one? I can loan you one if necessary- could ship it out monday and you have it by tuesday. Just send it back when your friend gets home.

For a replacement, I would vote for the machinist route- the brake lever is a piece of cake to make and you make them look oh-so-nice.

We covered this topic over on Wild Guzzi but here goes again. The brake levers from the carb sort (and probably the early Daytonas) are either compatible or identical. Shift levers are nearly so, but the V11 Sports add an extension on the pivot bolt for the added bracket used on the six speed.

Here's a better - and less expensive - replacement brake lever.

http://www.mphcycles.com/BilletPedalBrake.html

BilletPedal.jpeg