New Guy

txrider

I've been reading with interest the topics in the tech section and even did some posts but thought (rather late) I should introduce myself.

I'm a retired manufacturing manager/engineer, have been an avid motorcyclist for 30 years and spend lots of time in the garage maintaining the bikes. There is a 2000 Triumph Sprint, a 2002 Aprilia Futura, a 2001 Yamaha FZ1 ( ready to sell) and my newest acquisition, a 2004 LeMans. As you can see my taste in bikes varies widely but the common theme is sport tourers, mainly European.

I haven't owned a Guzzi since 1977 when I had a LeMans (which I should never have traded) so I'm new at the tweaking and tinkering on this new LeMans. Lots of reading, acquisition of Guzziology and lurking here, wildgoose and guzzitech have resulted in some knowledge acquisition. I tend to do things by the numbers, being a fuss budget, so details are important and I'm anxious to learn more.

One thing I'm learning, MotoGuzzi hasn't done us any favors making tech info readily available. The service manual is of limited help so information you guys have provided here is really appreciated.

Hope I can contribute some info in the future to repay for that I've received.

From Texas, good to know you.

Ed- I see several ex-swabbies here. I was a GunnersMate Technician 1964-1967, Naval Weapons Station, Yorktown Va.

Edited by txrider

I remember when swabbies were also squids.

ET1 (USNR) retired.

1972-1980 USS Henderson DD-785, USS Davidson FF-1045, USS Pegasus PHM-1, 3 WestPacs and 2 RimPacs plus shore duty - all on active duty plus another 12 years (1980-1992) piddling around with the Navy Reserve in such diverse activities as shipboard and shore electronics maintenance, chemical, radiological warfare response team and augmenting a communications team in Denmark when the Special Forces were holding a large exercise. I still periodically have dreams about the Navy and categorize them as nightmares.

There seem to be a lot of Guzzi owners that were formerly in Uncle Sams Canoe Club. Must be a similarity there of the Guzzi engine and the one in a 51' motor whaleboat...

I remember when swabbies were also squids.

ET1 (USNR) retired.

1972-1980 USS Henderson DD-785, USS Davidson FF-1045, USS Pegasus PHM-1, 3 WestPacs and 2 RimPacs plus shore duty - all on active duty plus another 12 years (1980-1992) piddling around with the Navy Reserve in such diverse activities as shipboard and shore electronics maintenance, chemical, radiological warfare response team and augmenting a communications team in Denmark when the Special Forces were holding a large exercise. I still periodically have dreams about the Navy and categorize them as nightmares.

There seem to be a lot of Guzzi owners that were formerly in Uncle Sams Canoe Club. Must be a similarity there of the Guzzi engine and the one in a 51' motor whaleboat...

46970[/snapback]

Great, a lifer! If I remember correctly that's a destroyer and frigate in your history. Hats off to you for the career investment. Lots of sea duty there, I trust you were glad to get back on shore.

Yes, must be something about squids and Guzzis, reason I mentioned it. Rich Maund was in as well as several others. Go figure. I can see I'm in good company.

Not everone here is an ex-squid. USS Carl Vinson CVN-70 2000-2005, current station NAS Sigonella. I've noticed more and more military people getting into riding these days. Might have something to do with the confiment of a boat. Maybe the only way to fell free is to take a spin down the road on a sunny day. :D

Ciao

Z

Oh ya, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum...+23 yrs Navy here...wish I could decide what to do when I grow up. :lol: k