It's here... SoCal Rally time.

RacerX

Ok folks,

The time has come, and the weather's looking good; http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0193_f.html

Two important things to note:

1. They are attempting to move our Rally site, to a location on the lower lake. I do not believe that we will be moved, since our contract/permit states upper "7-acre lot". Roger visited the site tonight and he said it looks great. Even though it says "road closed", it is still very passable he told me. Please just look for the small directional arrows (with the Guzzi oval logo) to the site. Registration will be under the Red Bull pyramid tent at the top of the hill, or where-ever we land.

2. Most of the "fun roads" to our destinations have been shut down this week due to the heavy rains. We are still having our rides, but we may leave a little later, and go more direct.

Again details here;

http://www.guzzitech.com/Todd/SoCalRally2005.html - and be sure to link to the FINAL DETAILS HERE link at the bottom of this page for exact directions/details -or- here; http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/viewfor...orum=socalguzzi

p.s. You can win one of these laser-etched marble awards if your bike or talent is up to it:

Rally-Awards-All-sm.jpg

Todd

2005_March_rally_01.jpgWhoa,

Just made it back home from the rally :notworthy:

Thanks for all the bugs I killed on the way home :food:

My hat is off to Todd E and his helping staff, the Power commander seminar was just one of the highlights. I see clearly now what the Power commander does and what is needed to get the best use out of the PC III USB! :notworthy:

My 03 Rosso came home with a first place in the Spine frame sport bike class :thumbsup:

I will post more highlights and pictures shortly,

Mike

39.jpg

My 03 Rosso came home with a first place in the Spine frame sport bike class  :thumbsup:

47192[/snapback]

Congratulations!

And you did not even have to clean it to win!!!

I took off before the award ceremony, because I am whipped, which just meant that I got delayed by LA traffic.

I liked the use of blur to give the effect of speed in the slow race photos :P

It's a pisser when the light level drops and you can't adjust or haven't got shutter priority

Thanks for posting the pics, Glad that you all had a great time. Looking forward to the rallys I'm going to this year.

Guest ckamin

Thanks for posting the photos on the web site. It was quite a nice gathering. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Well, there is always the next gathering....

that rally looked good - sorry I missed it (was in LA for work). Next time. Nice pics too, even the blurry ones -- looked like some of the pics were of guzzi's trying to do wheelies? Maybe I'm blurry.

that rally looked good - sorry I missed it (was in LA for work).

Tom, you somehow missed the theme of the Rally, "No Dam Excuses", so we don't want to hear it. You missed a pretty dam good one.

The next one will be in San Diego this October.

www.SoCal-Guzzi.com as the details come together.

I'll be posting alot more soon,

Todd