Breva world launch

Steve G.

A buddy of mine who is a motorcycle journalist [dream job right!] has just returned from the Breva 1100 world launch in Siena, Italia which was last Tuesday. All he could say was "heck of a story here, I'll tell you all about it when I get back". So I will relay any info he gives me of the launch. Busy guy, he was in Rome the week before for the launch of a new Piaggio Vespa. He said he was scared shitless riding around the centre of Rome on a Vespa.

My personal thoughts on the Breva? Sorry guys, I think it's butt ugly.

Ciao, Steve G.

Just returned from Italy, the last news from inside Mandello, the Breva 1100 is already on the street!!!

The prototype of this machine is to disposition for the employee of the industry Moto Guzzi as test riders. But it is on the street only around mandello del Lario and Lecco.

I was only for a few hours in Mandello and I didn’t see it personally.

Well the story is that the first model will be on the Italians showrooms before the summer 2005 will arrive.

The story of the Griso is a little bit vaguer. It is expected before summer 2006.

Any news about a new commer Guzzi is good news.I hope that the Grizo get's out more quickly cause , anyway a lot of people are waiting forward with excitment to get something new :mg: has to offer. And they're just marvelous maschines.

Guest Nogbad
Any news about a new commer Guzzi is good news.I hope that the Grizo get's out more quickly cause , anyway a lot of people are waiting forward with excitment to get something new  :mg:  has to offer. And they're just marvelous maschines.

47419[/snapback]

The Griso will need clip-ons and rearsets though....

Guest Nogbad
I find it extremely difficult to get excited about the Breva.

47421[/snapback]

I know what you mean. I had a good look at the 750 version. Not inspired, not the same as the V11 at all.

I know what you mean. I had a good look at the 750 version. Not inspired, not the same as the V11 at all.

47423[/snapback]

Rumour has it that a local guy with a V11Sport sold it on consignment at the local Guzzi shop and purchased the 750Breva.

To each his own and all that, but I just can't understand the reasoning. :homer:

Rumour has it that a local guy with a V11Sport sold it on consignment at the local Guzzi shop and purchased the 750Breva.

To each his own and all that, but I just can't understand the reasoning. :homer:

47431[/snapback]

Sometimes less is more: if he's largely commuting, the smaller, lighter more fuel-efficient bike might just be the answer he was looking for.

Or maybe he just needed to adjust his cashflow... :blush:

I find it extremely difficult to get excited about the Breva.

47421[/snapback]

Lookswise yes, but take one for a ride and you will have a lot of fun! It is like the old CB 350 twins. It don't look like much and it don't go like much but it never scares or surprises you and it is just plain fun to ride!

Lookswise yes, but take one for a ride and you will have a lot of fun! It is like the old CB 350 twins. It don't look like much and it don't go like much but it never scares or surprises you and it is just plain fun to ride!

47448[/snapback]

Wonder if you slapped a winshield and soft bags on it, if it would make a good tourer?

Just finished talking to Robert about intro of the Breva. He spent a lovely sunny day riding around the hills of Tuscany enjoying the new machine. With experience in touring with both V11 and V11 Lemans, he says this bike is much better handling than all the previous V11 based bikes, with a completely new rear drive and new gearbox! The engine is still the same lovely 2 valve lump, rated at 5 less hp than our base engines. But while the machine does not have the high rev rip that our bikes have, the engine in the Breva has enormous torque right through the rev range.

It's just too bad it misses the mark styling wise, as it is a much better package for real world use. They should use the same styling house that styled the V11.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest goffredo
They should use the same styling house that styled the V11.

Ciao, Steve G.

47475[/snapback]

Ehr... it IS the same Styling house that designed the V11.

:homer:

G.

My personal thoughts on the Breva? Sorry guys, I think it's butt ugly.

Ciao, Steve G.

47158[/snapback]

I disagree.

I am in love :wub:brevaPAlato.jpg