US MotoGP/ No Guzzi content

Lex

USA Race Fans,

I spent last weekend at Laguna Seca (campground, next to the track) and figured I'd use my dog walking and jogging time to look at the changes.

The new run-off in turn 9 looks great, I'm sure the riders will be happy. But they moved the pedestrian bridge to the short straight between the Corkscrew and turn 9. People in the Corkscrew are going to have trouble seeing what happens in turn nine.

The new garage building in the paddock look first class, now Max B. can storm into the garage and have his team slam down the door while he figures out his excuse for being beaten (again) by Sete, Valentino, etc. The bad news on this one is that the view to the turn 10 to turn 11 straight is now blocked for people in the main grandstands. Given that this is the last and best place to make a pass before the start/ finish line this really sucks. I hope nobody paid the price for grandstand seats on the front straight. :angry:

Everything else looks good. Good 'ol Laguna is looking almost as good as them furin' tracks we see on TV.

See some of you at the track,

Lex

Thanks for the update on changes to Laguna Lex. I am afraid I'm one of those who has a seat for Sunday on the main grandstand, actually 25 meters/26yrds before the finish line. I've been to Laguna 6 times for WSB, and it's always good to walk about during the races, but we will most often grab our centre seats for the start/finish of the main race. Who could have known the last corner would be blocked? Oh well, there was such a mad rush for tickets, I guess I should consider myself lucky I got everything I wanted. There is always the GumboTron screen right above the paddock in front of the main stand to check on the Corkscrew area that you can't see from the start/finish.

Speaking of North American tracks for Moto GP, I must say I'm really glad it's out west. But, for these machines in GP, I really think there are only 2 tracks that would allow these beasts to truly stretch their legs, and those are Road America, and Road Atlanta. A tight track like Laguna will mean they will have to re-gear the gearbox, and this will mean serious wheelies, and smokies out of the corners. Actually it will probably be real good for the people watching.

Ciao, Steve G.