Track fun

Paul Minnaert

So Jaap and I are back from Ledenon. We had a great time, 3 days on the track. There were 17 guzzi's and 80 other make bikes. There was an half hour reserved for only guzzi's on the track. That sounds cool. Sound recordings and movie are made. Also a lot of pics. We will see what we can share on the net from it. Here 2 pictures from me to start with. The bike did what it had to do, So it shows now how slow I am, because it isn't the bike :-).

ledenon1.jpg

ledenon2.jpg

Fotos look great, live and clear.What was the cammera that you have used for these shots? I want digi cammeras but my old Sony DSC P-50 is just to slow on taking shots with moving objects.. :bbblll:

Anyway I would suggest you from what I see from the pics to WORK on the weight distribution of your body when in turns.That means (and especially in race track)that you have to pull your body to the inside of the turm and as well lower as close to the height of the tank. this will help at least at:

Less tire "pressing" more speed under same angle, ability to create more angles of lean without the unnecessary distress on the tires.And tiress will wear out from side to side at greater angles of lean.

"The bike steers and tracks over bumps better when your center of mass (shoulder area)is placed low and to the inside of the corner.With the riders mass lower and inside(the turn ) the bike can carry more speed at given angle."

Nick Ienatsch-Sport Riding Techniques (best book I have read about the subject)

Now a track gives better traction on the street and also allows for greater angles of lean and Guzzis (1100 &dayto)are "blessed" with the ability to generate absurd angles of lean with lots of stability.

I try to incoporate this to my daily riding (though not to an extreme racing position of the body inside turn-knee down ,ect,ect,)But to a very usefull point.

I include a little video (that's me)have a bunch of them will make a big one latter.

Done on normal street .

There's even less than the pic. left of the side stand now. :P:grin:

About video

Pls,only for personal view , no sharing no uploading anyware

Anyone who agrees can download (will leave it only for a couple of days or so)

Enjoy ;)

jiffy= sidestand

I din't make this picture, as i'm on my bike:-) Picture was made with analog camera. But there are pictures made with an expensive Nikon digital also, that look good. I make pictures with a sony p9, good if it doesn't move. Like this Jaap picture. Track pictures from Jaap are made too, but we don't have them yet

DSC02385.jpg

jiffyBut there are pictures made with an expensive Nikon digital also, that look good. I make pictures with a sony p9, good if it doesn't move. Like this Jaap picture.

These damn things are always expencive, if you're just a simple person just wanting to have some pics done.One has to do some research and as technology advances it mey be possible to have sth good at a logic price have seen some new sony's on (V3 or sth like this) ebay that have big speed 1/1000, they may work....

Hey is this Jaap? I imagined him older.... LOL

Cool..c005.gifnice pics.

Fastest? lap times right?

Is this a sport 1100 carb. right? Any mods to that bike seems pretty stock,seems to me the back tail a bit lifted.(?) :huh2:

Interesting to discover that people who we speak look diffferent than we imagine. :bier:

fastest guzzi in laptimes. it's just this guy that trashes his bike arround like a madman. Only non stock exhaust and other cam in the carb sport with > 100.000 km. During last session before the race, the gearbox stuck in gear, we put new oil in, and it worked, sort of:-). In the race at some points he couldn't change gear, most painfull at the last corner, where Erminio was 10 meters behind him, and took the oportunity to win the guzzi battle. See Erminio 's bike in the picture.

Fastest tracktime was arround 1.30 minute for a R1 in the 3 days, fastest guzzi 1.45. There was a 999R tested by a magazine there, 1.28,3 min

DSC02403.jpg