Sunday Worship

Guest Nogbad

Guest Nogbad

After a 3hour "blat" yesterday, the Guzzi deserved some TLC....

On the left, you will see Altarcloths and various kinds of potions, incense and communion wine used in the ceremonies...

The cheap paddock stand bought for my previous bike matches the Guzzi's beautiful frame almost exactly, and is a perfect fit on the extreme end of the swingarm. God rides a Guzzi.....

Another view of design perfection.

After a 3hour "blat" yesterday, the Guzzi deserved some TLC....

The cheap paddock stand bought for my previous bike matches the Guzzi's beautiful frame almost exactly, and is a perfect fit on the extreme end of the swingarm. God rides a Guzzi.....

Simple question, How do you place the bike on the paddock stand?

I have ordered one for my self and I can't really imagine how to exact doing it alone., at my mechanicer's garage he always ask me for a little assistance to place this thing on.

Does it needs 2 people to be done , or can one by himself do it, if so then how?

Afterall want to be "prepeared" on what to expect or if any tricks.

P.S. very clean looking bike :thumbsup::bier:

That's why I use the guzzi center workshopstand, can use it with one person.

I saw some of these "center" stands in Stein Dinse a bit pricey for a stand though(aprox.120Eur-no postage I think)/

Will see if it doesn't work one man try, I will concider getting this center like thing

Guest Nogbad
Simple question, How do you place the bike on the paddock stand?

I have ordered one for my self and I can't really imagine how to exact doing it alone., at my mechanicer's garage he always ask me for a little assistance to place this thing on.

Does it needs 2 people to be done , or can one by himself do it, if so then how?

Afterall want to be "prepeared" on what to expect or if any tricks.

P.S. very clean looking bike  :thumbsup:  :bier:

47739[/snapback]

I just start with the bike on level ground on the sidestand. The paddock stand is then placed at the rear of the bike with the left cup located on the swingarm about an inch forward of the spindle. I stand behind the bike and slightly to the left, facing about 45° right. Take a firm grip of the rear of the bike; (my rack with pillion grab handle is ideal) with the left hand. With the right hand hold the handle of the stand. Now push down on the stand while raising the bike off the sidestand with your left arm. Guide the stand so that the right cup ends up on the swingarm in the same place as the left one and put firm pressure down on the stand handle. The bike is now held upright by the stand and you can let go of the bike. Finally push hard down on the stand to raise the rear of the bike and reach the final stable position.

This stand cost me £20 on e-bay from a bike shop in London, and is similar to the "Micron" paddock stand. For the Guzzi I had to "crab" the stand a bit as it was about 5mm too narrow.

Here endeth the lesson. Amen