Star Trek Technology Here Now!!!!

helicopterjim R.I.P.

There can't be a huge market for track only bikes, and if you want one, why not just get a written off GSXR1000 for a couple of grand and stick some trick bits on it.

I bet you would ride a lot faster and push your envelope a lot harder on a bike that doesn't matter so much if you bin it......  :2c:

48073[/snapback]

That is like saying there shouldn't be a huge market for Ferrari F50's and such. It is human personality and ego that give us these alternate choices because if logic prevailed no one would buy any Guzzi product - let alone Aprilia, Ducati, BMW and the like.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad
That is like saying there shouldn't be a huge market for Ferrari F50's and such. It is human personality and ego that give us these alternate choices because if logic prevailed no one would buy any Guzzi product - let alone Aprilia, Ducati, BMW and the like.

48076[/snapback]

I never said there shouldn't be a market for Ferrari F50s etc. There clearly isn't a huge market for them or you would see more around.

Buying a bike isn't a logical decision, but if I wanted a rare, trick bike I would prefer a road bike that I could ride around and pose on. When I go on track it's to improve my skills, scare myself shitless and push the envelope. Having a huge financial penalty hanging over me as I go into a bend too fast is no pleasure at all.

These are 2 different things to compare though they have many simmilarities.

A F'50 outperforms most if not all cars of it's racing class the MGS doesn't.

It can't go next to a 999R or a R1 tunned for race ect.ect.

But MGS1 for sure is:

1.A piece of art.

2.A limmited edition Moto Guzzi. &The strogest motor gone out from the factory to public

3.Lots of quality there (I suppose)

4.A piece of art indeed.

But is back on performance when put next to simmilar class motorcycles.

Therefore we can say that such machine (in this price-performance-ect.ect.) are mostlly made for the MG fan , though not only.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I have just read the first 1/2 dozen entries on this thread. Are you sure it's your bike? I'm looking at the background, and see cars with English license plates, and and English garbage company advertized on the dumpster. I guess it's possible, but why would they ship your bike through England first?

Ciao, Steve G.

I have just read the first 1/2 dozen entries on this thread. Are you sure it's your bike? I'm looking at the background, and see cars with English license plates, and and English garbage company advertized on the dumpster. I guess it's possible, but why would they ship your bike through England first?

Ciao, Steve G.

The picture has been changed from the one originaly advertised with. It would seem after all he has a MGS01 but hadn't posted with his own pictures. It therefore led us all to cast doubts on his intentions.