MG Ti Sports exhaust with stock pillion pegs?

rossojoj

after a long and icy winter here in germany the v11 ballabio is back on the road.

I just received and installed tonight a 2nd hand (new out of the box) Ti sports setup with the replacement ECU. Had some questions....

Has anyone else attempted to install this using the original pillion foot rests? It fits fine on the rights-side (due to wider rim?) but the oval is twisted off vertical on the left and does not look good.

I wanted to retain the original, longer pillion footrests as my girlfriend is quite tall, and not too confident on the back seat.

Another question. With the new ECU fitted is it necessary to get the bike retuned after fitting the Ti pipes? It seems to run fine (short test ride only so far).

cheers

Jonathan.

Yes, I have seen the original longer exhaust hangars used with these and other pipes that usually are mounted higher.

It will cause them to twist a bit, but if you make some spacers(machined, or just stacked washers) for the exhaust mount bolt, you can straighten them out to some degree. It just takes some fiddling.

WRT to tuning the bike, no, the bike should run fine with the included ECU that has the modified fuel map for the pipes. There's nothing special about the included ECU other than it has an updated map for air/fuel.

...although, it has been noted that there is still room for further 'optimizing' the map in the new ECU via tuning its map, or installed a PCIII. But generally speaking, it should run fine without any additional tinkering.

al

Jonathan,

Al is right, as always. The Guzzi Ti mufflers can be installed in the lower position using the stock hangers, thus retaining leg room for your girl friend. That is the way I have my '03 Lemans set up. My objective was to use the Teckno bags with the Ti mufflers and it all worked out very nicely.

Joe

Jonathan,

Al is right, as always.  The Guzzi Ti mufflers can be installed in the lower position using the stock hangers, thus retaining leg room for your girl friend.  That is the way I have my '03 Lemans set up.  My objective was to use the Teckno bags with the Ti mufflers and it all worked out very nicely.

Joe

47932[/snapback]

Thanks Al and Joe.

That's great news. After reading Joe's mail I realised my throwovers would also interfere with the Ti cans if I put them in the higher position. The right can seems fine (vertical) with almost no twist. I guess I will need about 1/2" spacer with the left can but overall it should look fine.

For anyone considering the Ti option, the sound is just amazing - very basso and not too loud for street use, although quite impressive in tunnels and underground car parks. :race:

Overall the fitting is very easy, although the included instructions are minimal. To achieve fitting on the stock rear pegs its best to mount the new connector pipe first on the bike, then the can to the pipe and twist it until you can align with the pillion peg bolt hole. :luigi:

Jon.