Increased torque

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

Let me start off by saying that most of my riding is done at speeds under 80 mph. Coming from truck driving background i know that it's torque that moves the load...not HP. And I'm a load! I've been thinking about using the cam out of a late model Ev and maybe the flywheel and clutch assembly.I also have the cam out of a Quota...not sure if that would be to extreme.What im looking for is that pulls like a John Deere tractor feeling.

Will these parts interchange? Have i lost my mind? Or does this make sense to anybody.

P.S. I apologize for my punctuation and grammar.Thirty years ago i could'nt spell truckdriver.Today i are one.

:grin:

If you want to swap engines, I'm certainly game. I have a very sweet running 1997 California that would do you fine. The problem is, the electronics package for the beast is about 4 times the physical volume of that of a V11 Sport. You could take it down and trade it in against either a 2003 LeMans or one of the 2003 cruisers. The exhaust crossover on those adds a lot of bottom end grunt from what I head. Even better, a similar set of head pipes is available after market in Europe. I don't remember where I saw them, but it was likely Stein Dinse or Teo Lamers or an aftermarket retailer of that magnitude. At less than $300 it is by far the most expedient path to take - providing the pipe diameters are compatible.

Guest Bob in CT

Why don't you see if you could get side-car gears for the rear end. Top speed will decrease, but you'll get there quicker. A lot easier to change also.

This was my first thought too. I thought i read in Guzziology that the v11/lemans gear set would'nt swap out with earlier gear sets(somebody help me) ? A lot of the miles on my bike have been in the congested traffic of Houston Tx. The high first gear is sometimes a PITA...since gear sets wont interchange??? I thought if i were to use the cam out a Ev i could move the peak torque to a lower rpm range. I envision my bike as sort of streetfighter/big city assault bike.I already have superbike bars and I'm looking at a Acerbis twin light wind screen and fender eliminator from Ken and maybe one of those funky looking mufflers from Ghezzi & Brian to complete the look. All of these mods are being done for my planned apperance in the next Star Boyz video. :grin:

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

If you're looking for midrange punch, go for a set of high compression pistons. They will fatten up the midrange.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my V11 Le Mans mapped by L&L Dyno Services on Sunday to complement the Stucchi x-over, Mistrals, and Amsoil 2-stage foam air filter element.

Ups: Feels like he added another cylinder down there! The response is INSTANT to any nudge on the throttle. Man, oh man, does this thing fly now. It was pretty fast before, but now, WOW!

Downs: I now have the dreaded stalls-at-idle-occasionally syndrome, where it never did that before with the previous map. I think I will be splicing the lower-rpm, lower-throttle settings map points from my old map after I tell Louie about it. Also, it pings just about as bad as it ever had in the past between 4500-4800rpm, which is actually a narrower range than before. Again, maybe more map tweaking will alleviate this condition, although I would be willing to bet that it will not ping on race gas, which means that this is a timing-VS-fuel-quality issue rather than a fuel mixture issue now.

Overall, I would definitely do it again. If you have a PC III with a downloaded map, you are only getting about half of the benefit of this amazingly useful device. One ride on my bike would convince even the most jaded of you out there. Y'all know who y'all are.

Ride well. Ride safe.

-Jack Price

Glendale, CA

02 V11 Le Mans

01 KTM Duke II

83 V50 III

I'd love to see your dyno results, Jack!

Are you going to have it posted at Guzzi Tech Dot Com

Your first dyno makes an excellent benchmark for before and after results.

:mg:

PS How much did L&L charge?

They quote on their webpage only $20 for a dynorun.

I imagine they charge a fair amount more to remap the PCIII.

L&L charges $200 for the custom mapping.

They charge $100 for any subsequent mapping the future mods might require.

Ride well. Ride safe.

-Jack Price

Glendale, CA

02 V11 Le Mans

01 KTM Duke II

83 V50 III