gas tank question

Guest burke

Guest burke

On the right hand bottom side of the gas tank there is a metal cylinder with two hose nipples on it. A large one on top that routes to the right side throttle body and a smaller one underneath that is not connected to anything on my bike (2003 v11 sport). It looks like a vacuum nipple or an air line but I cannot tell. Is this supposed to be connected to something? Am I missing a hose?

On the right hand bottom side of the gas tank there is a metal cylinder with two hose nipples on it.  A large one on top that routes to the right side throttle body and a smaller one underneath that is not connected to anything on my bike (2003 v11 sport).  It looks like a vacuum nipple or an air line but I cannot tell.  Is this supposed to be connected to something?  Am I missing a hose?

48181[/snapback]

That's the atmospheric vent port for the fuel pressure regulator. It never gets hooked to anything unless you're one of the brave souls that's willing to experiement. To date - I've never heard of anyone hooking anything to it.

Guest burke
That's the atmospheric vent port for the fuel pressure regulator. It never gets hooked to anything unless you're one of the brave souls that's willing to experiement. To date - I've never heard of anyone hooking anything to it.

48183[/snapback]

Thanks!

Some have experimented with routing a hose from there to some place with vaccum, like the air intake, or where you balance the throttle bodies.

This would effectively lean the bike out...NOT a good idea, unless you are going to completely remap the system. But even then, I don't think there would be benefits.

Although it is possible that the correlation of fuel and air could be more accurate???????????

I stuck a short hose on mine to reduce dirt getting in.

An inline fuel filter would be an even better idea.

But probably overkill...