turbo centauro

Paul Minnaert

Guest Nogbad

The great thing about FI is you can use positive airbox pressure with dry air only though the compressor. With carbs its difficult unless the compressor sucks on the carb with the mixture through the compressor.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't the fun of doing it not enough reason? IF all things had to make sense, why drive a guzzi?

That's easy.

Because it looks Good c018.gif,feels Good a200.gifand Sounds Goode010.gif,(all these in any order that anyone likes)

The basic difference I see on a turbo is the aditional HP and a Fast engine wear.It is a matter of taste actually.c019.gif

Guest jsavola

Not many ppl have commented the pages like you did, jrt.

Thank you.

Yes, the Jackal is mine as is the web site hogsden.dyndns.org.

Friend of mine, Matti, owns the Centauro. Matti is the driving force in "Yhtymän Miehet", the group of fellows that build(s) these beasts. (http://hogsden.dyndns.org/yhtymanmiehet/)

After test driving the Centauro I was certain, "Me too!", I also want to have supercharged Guzzi. Matti was more than happy to help :)

MotoJussi & California Jackal

Guest jsavola

I too know this Centauro (and the owner). I am one of the lucky ones who have driven the beast. The torque .... Uh!

The Jackal is still under construction, true.

The exhaust (50 millimeters, 80 millimeters, Powertrapp) is ready, kompressor is ready, most of everything is done. Pressure chamber (?) shall be built of carbon fiber, not yet ready.

The additional injection controller is not yet programmed. There shall be 2 original injectors and two additional ones controlled independently (by rpm and boost) by add-on computer (custom built).

What else ... We had to move foot pegs 20 cm rearwards and the saddle had to be lifted approx 40 mm as well as the rear of fuel tank...

jsavola at iki dot fi

a nut case

Guest jsavola
Has the Centauro been on a dyno? Getting mixture right seems not so easy.

48873[/snapback]

Centauro has been on dyno. The graphs are pretty nice.

There are two separate FI-systems on the bike, still the fellows got it right. The torque curve is flat.

http://hogsden.dyndns.org/yhtymanmiehet/v10.html has some dyno graphs. The first graph on the page is from last summer.

Max compression approx. 0,25 bar

exhaust pipe diameter 38 mm

28. 7. –04, 114.8 hv/8020 rpm, 105 Nm/2700 rpm, torque max 115 Nm/5000 rpm

Please note that the additional FI unit was not adjusted when the graph was drawn.

Below that are graphs for factory-standard Centauro.

After the last dyno run Matti has rebuilt the exhaust pipes and will readjust the injection system(s). There shall be new graphs on the pages as soon I get them. I do not know whether he'll add pressure. Probably not.

As soon as possible there shall be graphs also for my California Jackal (http://hogsden.dyndns.org/~jsavola/ahdin/). The pressure shall be 0.4-0.5 bar. There shall also be 4-point FI with two computers.

I am getting pretty anxious waiting for the results ...

Best regards

i like this one...

Rund1.jpg

:P:

48882[/snapback]

That would be Really sweet and more hidden in the bike too, build a frame around it and I'm sold IF I could find that kind of money to do it. $$$$$$$$$$$$, while I only live on $$$

Actually the new Breva 1100 witht he altenator between the cylinders presents some possibilties. You could move it back the where is was at the front of the motor and put the compressor between the heads. Stronger six speed gearbox behind it as well that should get some people thinking.

Guest bshpilot
I have to ask is WHY?  :mg:

48595[/snapback]

one ride is all it would take you to understand...and never

ask again...it would have you searching ebay for ANYTHING

turbo.

having been there myself (20yrs later i am STILL kicking

myself for selling my z1r...22lbs was a regular occurance on

my way to work...and i had the tell tale guage to show it).

these GUYS can give you a bit of a sampling of what its like....

(be sure to watch the following titled videos:

K1200 RS Turbo 5psi Rush Hour

ZX-11 Turbo "Enjoy Nature"

....notice the front end come up off the ground when

the boost comes on ???

hell even in my diesel pickup truck im constantly watching the

boost guage w/ one eye