Emission canisters removal

richard100t

I removed the denso emission canisters today & wow! That did what I wanted my k&n air pods to do. My bike runs so much smooother & builds revs so much faster & easier I find it hard to believe. I did leave the hose connected to the carbs that connects the two. I hope most of you understand that lol its like a coupler I think. A good steak knife makes removing all that hose soooo much easier! Just dont let your wife catch you with kitchen knives in the garage. Plus now I have a little extra space under my seat for the toolbag.

THATS IT mine are coming out. what do you do with the hoses eactly now? connect them together or something? or just block them off entirely?

48607[/snapback]

Just leave the hoses that are connected to the carbs on, & dont block them off. At least thats what I've done today. I will bow down :notworthy: to those who really know what they're talking about :luigi: You'll be shocked at the difference, especially if you have pods I think.

... carbs? :doh:

.... "big difference"? :wacko:

:P

Well, glad to hear it worked out for you :D But honestly I'm surprised you noticed any real difference, unless something was horribly wrong with your plumbing from the factory prior. Honestly, removing the EVAP kit shouldn't make any noticeable difference in performance, other than perhaps removing 10lbs of crap from the bike :race:

But hey :thumbsup:

And, yeah... carbs... since the bike is EFI, those are your throttle bodies, and intake plenum/runner :luigi:

;)

Here are some relevant threads on the subject for those interested:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167&hl=

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...39&hl=cannister

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...61&hl=cannister

I just did mine and go figure the previous owner had already rerouted the hoses and the vac system was all just sitting there doing nothing :homer: so's all I had to do was cut zip ties and take all the crap that's been doing nothing for who knows how long and toss it aside. I also noticed my tank overfil hose had come off, stupid little zip tie I should get in there with a metal clampy thingy. :luigi:

Just don't throw the hardware away. The smog fiends, especially in California, can make your life miserable if the bike is being inspected for any reason. Moto Italiano had somehow messed up the registration for my V11 Sport for the PO, so I had to have a member of the local law enforcement examine the frame numbers and yes, he did check out thouroughly the smog decal and all of the various parts to ensure that they were still in place. He wouldn't have signed off on the registration fix either had it been missing.