Selling

BarkinB

Guest davidb

Flickable, but a little heavier in the front, which is not bad because it is real stable on rough roads at high speeds. The v11 turns quicker in the real tight corners under 30mph but the BCR smokes it after that in the sweepers, and in straights. I had it at 153mph in the straight. The speedo is not correct on beemers so I don't know what the actual speed was. ABS works great at a hard panic (bambie in the road) stop. heated grips are heaven this time of year. Telelever suspension is very forgiving and it is NOT a tank slapper. I ran over a 4x4 post in the road on a corner one time. Only problem I had was to get the seat out of my ass from thr grip factor. Now the bad.. Bike cost 18000$ otd equiped with remus race, san jose power filter, induct, higher bars, K12 fuel regulator and hardbags.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dkgross

well..I'm pretty happy with the JFR :) I miss the SOUND and FEEL of the Guzzi tho. The FJR has its OWN thing going...different..but fun.

I LOVE the Victory Hammer. My legs are too short for it though.

hope all is well with everyone here!!!!

Guest Thundering Subash

Like BarkinB, I too have finally come to the conclusion that my V11 Lemans is just not the bike for me. It was fun while it lasted, we had some good miles together, but I traded her in this last weekend on a new Victory Kingpin.

Riding the two back to back, I have to say that the Goose clearly has more power and character, but the Victory is smoother and more stable. It's all in what you're looking for. The bottom line for me came down to comfort, which for the wife and I, the Kingpin Deluxe (floor boards, windshield, and comfier seating positions) wins hands down. And with the inverted front fork, large tires, and gobs of torque on tap, my new bike should still provide a nice grin factor when I want a quicker pace.

And for those intrigued by THE HAMMER, I test rode one this weekend while working out the Kingpin deal. While a very cool custom looking bike, it takes a lot of effort to turn in with that huge rear tire on it. The motor has plenty of grunt, but could be done on any Victory as an upgrade. Also, in my opinion, the 6 speed overdrive is totally unnecessary as these motors cruise just fine in 4th and 5th gear.

I probably kept the Goose longer due to the great people and information on this very site. I know she'll go to a good home and will be a great bike for the new owner now that she's well sorted and broken in.

Take care all. Perhaps I'll still login from time to time to see what's happening with the Guzzi community. As far as forums go, thanks to Jaap and all the members, this one is a class act.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

-Chris

:mg:

Damn thunder I didn't notice you just live across town from me sorry to hear you go but at least youre buying into Minnesota(polaris) I may be getting a Victory farther down the road for just the same reasons you mentioned but thats some time off. also I've been looking around and clearly some credit must be given to the members and moderators of this site it appears to be heads and shoulders above any other forum I've seen :notworthy: , .... well other than Falcon 4.0 boards those guys are crazy and it doesn't suprise me most of them are german. :grin:

Guest Thundering Subash

I'll watch for you around town Ben, we're bound to run into one another given there aren't that many beer trucks and even fewer silver v11's in the twin cities. We'll talk Guzzi's and Victory's. :bier:

-Chris :race:

I'll watch for you around town Ben, we're bound to run into one another given there aren't that many beer trucks and even fewer silver v11's in the twin cities.  We'll talk Guzzi's and Victory's. :bier:

-Chris  :race:

49666[/snapback]

Ever downtown just look for a Big white Budweiser Dock truck that looks like it has a Semi Front on it single Axle tho.(kinda ackward looking) Thats 90% sure it'll be me No one else likes to use that truck so its always on my Route. I've been going to Bettys bikes and Bun a lot more lately on a Tip(I've seen one of the girls behind the counter is Border line Hot Hot Hot if I sayso myself and she rides a duc) So maybe I'll see you there sometime too. Ride it like you Stole it. :thumbsup: