PCIII stupid question maybe

DeBenGuzzi

Well I wasn't able to find a specific map yet anyone know of one let me know I plugged in the PCIII and it seems to run a lil smoother I only went around the block I got my wisdom teeth out today(all 4) and I'll figure if its really better later. I'm eyeing up Manley Cycle to have a Dyno run done.

49507[/snapback]

Omg my condolences Ben :doh: I've had my wisdom teeth done. Dont worry you'll be better...in a week. Did it feel like this guy :luigi: was your dentist?

It was all business I was in and out so fast It felt like sex. Mind you the torture bondage pliers involved sex. but none the less, Well showed up at 7:10- ten min drive got shot up with the novacaine(that hurt sooooo bad like lightning across my face) got hte Nitrous :lol: Vroom Vroom he yanked them out one after the other :luigi: Wow my face was so numb I drove straight to walgreens for the vicadin got home at 8:10 and put some cold packs on me,Wife got up and said aren't you late for your appt. I just said Hmmpthshthsthe :( . BUT I did get my bike out a lil today it was nice and I just got the PC I had to do it. had to. ;):bike: Anyway I can barely open my jaw I should have just gone the british route I don't think they have denists. Then I'd be eating steak tonight, instead of a protien smoothie. :food:

Omg my condolences Ben :doh: I've had my wisdom teeth done. Dont worry you'll be better...in a week. Did it feel like this guy :luigi:  was your dentist?

49518[/snapback]

I ended up getting "dry sockets" and an infection in mine.... nice. I was on some of the best pain killers short of Morphine that money can buy, and physicians can prescribe... OH MY GOD, was I in pain <_>

Follow the Dentist's proscriptions closely, and keep those sockets clean... really :D

al

P.S.

Ben, did you drop Todd Eagan at www.guzzitech.com an email, or post a question to the Guzzitech forum about the right map for your bike?

Unless you've got a really odd combination of modifications, and it doesn't sound like you do, Todd ought to have at least a couple good maps already in his collection by now that should be a perfect fit.

I'm crossing my fingers on the dry sockets it doesn't sound like a good thing. How does that happen exactly they didn't tell me anything other than 'don't drink through a straw or smoke' I said uh thanks? I posted a message on guzzitech I had contacted todd b4 but he never responded. maybe he doens't like me :( oh well I'll keep riding :mg:

Todd's been on the road a lot lately with his new job, but I'm sure he'll get back to you when he can.

With regard to "dry sockets".... it's something of a misnomer. But basically it is when the nerve that is left in the socket, gets exposed, and gets very very irritated about it. It really hurts... take my word for it.

Yeah, no "sucking" on anything, and make damned sure you don't get any food particles jammed down in the sockets.

al

Todd's been on the road a lot lately with his new job, but I'm sure he'll get back to you when he can.

With regard to "dry sockets".... it's something of a misnomer.  But basically it is when the nerve that is left in the socket, gets exposed, and gets very very irritated about it.  It really hurts... take my word for it.

Yeah, no "sucking" on anything, and make damned sure you don't get any food particles jammed down in the sockets.

al

49540[/snapback]

10-4 good buddy :thumbsup: Seriously I'm taking that to heart tho I'm not using a straw for a week or so they said like 8 hours but I'll stick to until it doesn't hurt or feel like a gaping holes in my mouth anymore. I couldn't believe how easy it was to put in the PCIII but I have a quick Q what are the buttons on it for can you load several maps and change them on the fly or something of the sort?

I don't notice anything different on the freeway but letting of the throttle it flutters pretty good sometimes and after it warms up the idle climbs to 1800 instead of 1100 or so it originally was.

It sounds like your idle bypass screws are set a bit off.

I am not positive, but I think you need to turn them in a bit.

If you do, document EXACTLY how much you turn them in.

A throttle balancing device is almost essential here, but it would not hurt to turn them both in half a turn and see if it gets better. If it gets worse, I was wrong and you may have to go the other direction.

You can always return it how you had it, unless you mess up and forget the number of turns... :doh:

Oh, and Todd usually tweeks his maps adding like 5,10, or 15 at various RPMS at 0 percent throttle.

Does anyone have a map where he did that? I can't remember exactly what he did, but it could help your flutter when you back off on the throttle.