Question for scura owners

Guest markbar

Guest markbar

I was thinking about getting different bars (lower -> clip ons) and some better footrests/rearsets with less loose linkages for a scura.

What sort of experiences have v11 owners had with similar optimisations?

I tried contacting Bob Flavell but he´s not currently making any more Guzzi rearsets.

thansk in advance,

mark :whistle:

I'm going to be of limited assistance, since I prefer to raise the bars...but why can't you drop the stock clipons? Is the Ohlins fork relieved or straight-cut? There is a 'safety' allenhead under each clipon that bolts it to the top steering plate. If you remove them, you should be able to drop your stock clipons if the fork diameter doesn't change.

For rearsets, there is the hyper-expensive Guzzi option, the 'make your own' option, and aftermarket (for example rossopuro, a site sponser makes a set). Alternatively, you could replace all the heim joints with decent ones, and shim the pegs. I did the last option, and it works very nicely. Oh- another thing- cleaning and greasing the joints is very important (tip from Bruce). That alone may improve your shifting enough that you don't need to replace the assembly. Good luck.

Jason

Guest markbar

Jason,

thanks for yr reply, rossopuro things look quite nice although the joint replacement idea does sound worth a try first (the linkages are currently very baggy for want of a better word)... I am still musing about the bars, I have the feeling that the standard bars might look a bit weird if just dropped under the 3clamp so the purist in me says get some nice other ones, the skinflint in me says just drop the old ones... we´ll see...

:)

mark