Fuel QR connectors Help ?

Guest bilko

Guest bilko

I have snapped the male end of one of the quick release connectors on the fuel tank inlet. The male part of the angled "in" white connector has broken off. I have contacted motomecca, but guzzi only stock the whole assembley at £250!. The part is marked with a " John Guest" logo and a printed number 211. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement or alternative?

Unfortunately this was just asked a week or three ago, and no good response was found.

I suspect that over time we will see more of this, so hopefully someone will find a source for these elbow shaped connectors.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I agree that this is important.

al

Sorry for being dense, but what white plastic connector? All I have is the electric valve on mine (too lazy to change it out).

Is this on the 'fuel pump in the tank' model?

Oh. 

If they are screwed into the metal base, then just replace them with a hose barb?

J

49394[/snapback]

...yeah, but they aren't unfortunately.

They rotate freely, so it is some sort of collar that holds them in. I haven't looked closely at how they are constructed, but it would seem to me that one could get them out and replaced, but not sure how.... or where to source them.

al

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bilko

Al thanks for your prompt reply and encouragement.

I contacted John Guest Automotive here in the UK and they were extremely helpful. In spite of the standard order being 5000 units they supplied me with a few connectors in each colour. I have replaced my broken connector, a very simple push fit into the pump unit.

I have a number of connectors left over (male part only) I will be happy to post them to any other other ham fisted owners, wherever they may be.

Thanks for the support

Richard

I contacted John Guest Automotive here in the UK and they were extremely helpful.  In spite of the standard order being 5000 units they supplied me with a few connectors in each colour.  I have replaced my broken connector, a very simple push fit into the pump unit.

I have a number of connectors left over (male part only) I will be happy to post them to any other other ham fisted owners, wherever they may be.

Thanks for the support

Richard

51130[/snapback]

This is great news.

Can you provide us with the part# and contact info for the vendor in case any of us have this issue in the future?

They may or may not be so generous to all of us as they were to you, but at least we'd have some info to work with :P

Thanks

al

• 6 years later...

I contacted John Guest Automotive here in the UK and they were extremely helpful. In spite of the standard order being 5000 units they supplied me with a few connectors in each colour. I have replaced my broken connector, a very simple push fit into the pump unit.

Thanks for the support

Richard

Hello Bilko,

Thanks to your old post, I finally found some good info how to find the connectors for my fuel pump.

It would be great if you still could tell me the item code you ordered @ John Guest, so I would stop blaming myself the day I broke this part on my V11....

I'll be looking forward for your reply

Thanks a lot!

giovanni