Well I saw it...

Guest slowpoke

Guest slowpoke

Well I took my V11 in for the recall and a Power Commander/dyno at Orange County Motorsports. And when I went into the service area there it was in all its splendor. I forgot that the 4V motor is quite a bit larger than the 2V and with the increase in cc's it is quite imposing. It seems to be gathering dust and at $50,000 dollars I'm not sure who will buy it seeing as how it is only for the track. But is a great looking machine nonetheless. I was somewhat fixated by the radial calipers (I don't know why) and the removable carbon fiber body. Needless to say I did sit on the Nero Corsa that they have in stock. I don't know what it is about the V11 but it just seems to fit me. Some bikes are very large and bulky and their tanks seem to be a bit bulbous. Not so with the Nero Corsa. And believe it or not I could tell the difference in the suspension by just moving it around a bit and up and down on the seat. The Rosa Corsa did not feel quite so positive and probably just needs to be tweaked a bit. So, next week I pick up the V11 and will post the dyno results with Quat-D exhaust and K&N pods.

Well I took my V11 in for the recall and a Power Commander/dyno at Orange County Motorsports. And when I went into the service area there it was in all its splendor. I forgot that the 4V motor is quite a bit larger than the 2V and with the increase in cc's it is quite imposing. It seems to be gathering dust and at $50,000 dollars I'm not sure who will buy it seeing as how it is only for the track. But is a great looking machine nonetheless. I was somewhat fixated by the radial calipers (I don't know why) and the removable carbon fiber body. Needless to say I did sit on the Nero Corsa that they have in stock. I don't know what it is about the V11 but it just seems to fit me. Some bikes are very large and bulky and their tanks seem to be a bit bulbous. Not so with the Nero Corsa. And believe it or not I could tell the difference in the suspension by just moving it around a bit and up and down on the seat. The Rosa Corsa did not feel quite so positive and probably just needs to be tweaked a bit. So, next week I pick up the V11 and will post the dyno results with Quat-D exhaust and K&N pods.

49819[/snapback]

Only $50,000 eh? Nothing like a bit of profit. So 6 of these made it to the USA and of those, one went to Barbers for the museum. And if the dealers/owners holding ones now want $50,000 a copy, the rest of them will also likely go to museums. So much for a track presence. Well, sorta. The one in Livermore is being outfitted with lights and road going gear and if the owner can somehow squeeze that one through the California registration process, we might see it more than the ones gathering dust because of the inflated price.

Only $50,000 eh? Nothing like a bit of profit. So 6 of these made it to the USA and of those, one went to Barbers for the museum.

There is one for sale in San Fran for $27,500 (private owner), who basically wants back what he has in it. Contact me direct for details.

Carl, there will be more like 12~15 that make it Stateside, but I think that your speculation is still correct, which is a shame.

Guest slowpoke

It seems like Moto Guzzi is always on the brink of bankruptcy so they don't have enough money to pull off any of the designs that they have. There are some very talented people over there who must be eternally frustrated at their low sales prospects. They do make an excellent bike (with a few quirks) that is very rideable. Now what they need to do is make a copy of the MGS-01 with a 4V motor cranking out an honest 105 hp all for $15,000(preferably less). But noooo... they can't seem to do that; at least not in our lifetime.

There is one for sale in San Fran for $27,500 (private owner), who basically wants back what he has in it. Contact me direct for details.

Carl, there will be more like 12~15 that make it Stateside, but I think that your speculation is still correct, which is a shame.

49881[/snapback]

According to California SpeedSports in Livermore, there are currently 6 here in the U.S. I bet an MGS02 with the new Breva 1100 engine would be a very tractable alternative to the in-short-supply 4V engine. I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat if that was the logical alternative to buying a very expensive MGS01 that is itself in short supply.

49881[/snapback]

I have heard the same amount. So far only one in Canada but it is not going to a museum. I will not make any promises about serious racing but it will be on the track as much as possible. The rider is the biggest issue (me)!