CW's Sportbike Editors Get GUZZI!

RacerX

The '05 (Cycle World's Annual) SPORTBIKE issue should be on newstands now or very soon (got my copy today)... and in it you will find an article titled "Soulful Sporting Twins" by Jason Colón. Even though I was along for the ride (on a ZX-10R for one of my two articles in the same issue -- Middleweight Madness and SuperPower 1000s), I had *NO* influence on the outcome of Jason's test... I kept quiet. I think you'll be quite happy with all of their findings/comments. It took some time, but I think folks are finally getting 'Guzzi'.

Todd E.

p.s. I'm on the cover on the MV F4 1000S.

cw_whatsnew_4.jpg

How did you like the F4-1000 :wub: , Is the FI really that messed up? I haven't heard anything about something to fix it yet just complaints. Maybe a power commander. As my dream bike the lust was tarnished by some reviews I've read. :angry: oh well I still got a good goose and no room for a 20g princess at the moment. :huh2:

duh. I get it now. RacerX is you, Todd Egan. So I'm a little slow on the uptake. I haven't got my copy yet of Cycle World- but, am really looking forward to it. Hey, you going be at the AFM next Saturday-Sunday? I'd be interested in hearing how you got into guzzi (figures however if you already 'splained all that and I missed it.... :helmet:

Very Cool !!!

I keep managing to talk myself out of going to the MV dealer to go stare at them. Luckily all the Ago's seem to be old out so my wallet is a little bit safe for now :)

How did you like the F4-1000, Is the FI really that messed up?

Much like a Ducati in relationship to the Asian bikes... nice package basically. The F.I.issues can easily be resolved with a PCIII, yes, no problem.

tomsp, no I won't be at the AFM races, sorry. I got bit by the Guzzi bug back in '93 at a (now defunct Rider Magazine) Rally, where I demo'ed a green-framed 1000S. After road-racing most of the 90's, I bought a '00 silver Jackal (after unsuccessfully searching for a 1000S) to get me back onto the street without owning a true "sportbike"... well, you know what I mean, as the Jackal/Cal-lined bikes are just brilliantly modernized Tonti LeMans'.

Carl, pricing is $21,495 for the 'S', then @$26k for the Ago and @$48k for the CRC Tamburini which reportedly is making 200hp at the countershaft.

Todd

How did you like the F4-1000, Is the FI really that messed up?

Carl, pricing is $21,495 for the 'S', then @$26k for the Ago and @$48k for the CRC Tamburini which reportedly is making 200hp at the countershaft.

Todd

49885[/snapback]

I wish they made the SPR in something Other than Matt Black. I really like what they did with that bike and I'd rather have the 750 over the 1000, Secondly is the 1000S much better than the 750? I've been salivating over MV since they came back on the scene, Its too bad for me the price is Obscene. :angry: oh well maybe someday :grin:

The '05 (Cycle World's Annual) SPORTBIKE issue should be on newstands now or very soon (got my copy today)... and in it you will find an article titled "Soulful Sporting Twins" by Jason Colón.

Which month's issue should that be?

Which month's issue should that be?

49954[/snapback]

Not sure, but according to this site,

http://www.hfmus.com/HachetteUSA/Page.asp?...ld&Page=Special

it is on display May through August and is an annual release of "Sport Bike", not a monthly release of "Cycle World".

But as Todd said, it may be at your newsstand today or soon.

Guest Bruce

Thanks for the heads up Todd, I picked up a copy yesterday at Barnes & Noble. Although there is nothing said that we don't all ready know the validation by the press is worth the cover price. I won't spoil the ending but no doubt it will make for some interesting conversation after everyone's had a chance to read it.