Two new problems

velofish

On a ride last week, the 2000 V11 sport came down with two problems. 1) The trip odometer will not reset. It is still recording miles, but the reset stem will turn without affecting the reading at all. As this is how I remember to fill with gas, I would like it to work. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes?

2) The brass(?) screw that adjusts the compression damping broke off as I was trying to turn it. Any suggestions?

Off to try and search now. Thought I would post here first, though.

TIA, fish

in response to velofish...

With regard to the odo reset screw - are you sure you're turning it the right way? If it's been turned the wrong way it will eventually disconnect from the odo drive.

Apologies for suggesting such an obvious error, but I know 'cos 'I was that soldier'!!!

Robin

Robin: No apologies necessary. Anything dumb that can be done to a motorcycle, I have done. Probably a few times. I tried turning it both ways with no sucess. I guess I will have to take the speedo apart. :(

Big J. It is seized. I had never really played with it before,but decided to turn it to explore my options. I did not go apeshit on it, the top of the screw broke off before I knew what had happened. I think you are right about the stripdown. That will have to wait for winter, though, too much riding to be done first. Be careful while adjusting, it broke off really easily.

Fish