fuel pump

Guest Moonie

Guest Moonie

I recently purchased a 01 V11, the bike was running well until last weekend. When I tried to start it, it would not fire and I noticed no sound coming from the fuel pump. I checked the fuses, they were fine. I put a test light on the fuel pump terminals and turned on the ignition, it did not light up, so I believe there is no power reaching the pump. Any ideas? I'm new to Guzzis and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don't forget the kill switch

50216[/snapback]

Man I thought I was the only dumbass who's done that, Don't forget looking around to make sure no one saw you, I sure did (one time I was at a biker coffee shop :homer: ) Don't do like that but it happens to the best of us only done it 3 times to date so far. something that stupid sticks in my mind for some reason. :stupid:

And I've discovered mine won't run (and bike won't crank) when in gear with the kickstand down...okay, I actually knew it before, but forgot in the middle trying to straighten out some other mechanical mayhem in the garage...the dog was very amused. k

relays

;)

.... but seriously, make sure all your relays are seated...

al

50205[/snapback]

Absolutely, what he said. I've experienced this often.