I Am Really Impressed With Monroe Motors!

Mike Stewart

Folks,

After hearing more horror stories of bikes being at dealers for 6 months (yes, mine was also at the same dealer for 6 months two years ago), I decided to branch out and try out Monroe Motors in San Francisco.

I called Monroe Motors about 3 weeks ago and they took down my VIN number so they could order the transmission recall parts. I also have an extended service contract in which they will honnor, they took down the contract number as well (there is a transmission side cover leak that the other dealer never fixed at three attempts).

I was on vacation the last ten days and the bike was the last thing I wanted to deal with when I came home. This afternoon I received a call from the Service department at Monroe Motors stating that my recall parts are in and when would I like to bring the bike in for the work. I was stunned that the Service department was calling me for an appointment. :mg: Well, my appointment is Saturday the 14th of this month which is the only day I can drop the bike off in San Francisco. They said it would take about a week for the repair and asked if that was OK :notworthy: .

So, if the repair part goes like the part ordering and appointment making, I think I have found a new dealer.

Mike

Mike

That's where I bought my V11 and where I've gotten it serviced. Brendon in service is a very good guy..

Cheers, Tim

hey, when are we going to do a G&B vs. the Tuono shootout?

Guest DanielCooper

I have been going to them since the Munroe Brothers were both alive and riding. They always let me paw through the Delorto jets and Nick even gave me his set up for a V-50 with air filters and pipes. Nick used to race a hot rod 850 T until he got run over (look carefully and you can see the dents in his forehead where the screws went in).

They have given me lots of help and good advice. I was worried when they ditched most of the used bikes and joined the Ducati marketing juggernaught, but they still race and ride and are good folks. They've given me good service on the V-11 as well. Recommended if not cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Picked up my bike from Monroe Motors this Saturday in San Francisco and I am still really impressed with their service. They said it would take a week for the repair and it did :notworthy: . While they had the transmission apart, they did notice a couple of things not right with it (from previous repair at another dealer), they did correct the problems they found as well as doing the transmission campaign. The bike never shifed this well :thumbsup: .

So two thumbs up to Monroe Motors Service department, super service, great crew and a service manager that knows what is up with your bike when you call!

Who could ask for more?

Mike

If my bike was at the dealer for 6 mo over the riding season. My season would be over in MN and I would go Helter Skelter all over thier service department. Then commit hari kari. :angry: I think I'll call them tomorrow even though they told me Thursday the parts would be in. <_>

Guest davidb

You must have been going to the livermore dealer before. After that place, anyone looks good. Next major warranty issue and I will go to monroe motors too.