Likely V11 purchase

Guest SPOFF

Guest SPOFF

Hi all,

I’ve got a deposit on a 2000 V11 Silver at a decent price. It has 8,700 miles and the tranny recall has been done. I’ve been lurking for about a year so I’m aware of the charming quirks of that model year and V11s in general. This is going to be a 3rd bike and I’ve done my own wrenching for 35 years, so I’m probably a good candidate for Guzzi ownership. And I've ridden 2 V11s and a LeMans so I have a pretty good feel for the bike.

Question for this great group: I’m going to get a 15-20 test ride, unfortunately in an semi-urban environment. What should I be looking for (other than seeing if the tach and speedo work). For example, should I be looking for flat spots at certain rpms? Starting and stopping and listening for clunks in the final drive or tranny? Suspension foibles? Any other suggestions before I buy a bike that I hope will end up in the permanent collection.

:mg:

Just see if you like it. It may have flat spots, a clunky box, vibrate, need the suspension set up. Dont worry about it, they're fairly easy to sort/fix. Just enjoy yourself, if you find your grinning to yourself as you go, its for you. If you dont gell, try another one. :2c: