doesn't like to run sometimes

bento

so i'll take the sport out for a good romp, and then we take a break. here's the problem, sometimes it seems like it's trying to fire, but just won't catch. on both occasions it's been a few minutes after a hot run(due to weather, or highway time). now after this happens, i shut it off for a couple minutes, and it starts fine.

what is my problem?

52677[/snapback]

Bento;

I've had a similar experience a few times 4 or 5 in the last 20,000 miles. Every time by turning off the ignition and restarting it runs fine. My explanation is, that if the temperature at the sensor is changing too rapidly the computer looses its place and it will not run. Turning the ignition off and on "Re-initialize" the program.

I've never had to wait more than a few seconds to restart.

The first time this happened I knew the engine was warm because I had just stopped to make a delivery. Came back out to the bike and there were a dozen high school kids sitting on the front steps of their school. The plan was to punch the ignition drop her into gear and roar away… imagine my amusement when my trusty steed spit, coughed, farted, gasped and died. Like the CPU didn’t know what to do. I put a leg down, hit the starter again, it started fine, I counted to two and took off without trouble but somewhat chastened.

This has happened on very few occasions when the engine temperature is neither cold nor hot.

Craig