New Cumberland rally

richard100t

I was wondering how many people will show up. Considering the weather may be nasty I dont know if I'll make it or not. In any case I expect to get my rear drive via fed ex on Saturday sometime. If I can do the job myself :luigi: I'd like to get there maybe on Sunday or Monday if its still going on monday. If anyones passing near Canton on their way there or back let me know. I can provide you with a clothes dryer lol if its needed, hot coffee & a place to take a well needed rest. Unfortunately I have to work until 2pm tomorrow so I wont be here tomorrow am. But after that I'm off all weekend.

I'm not so sure you want to do the pinion installation yourself unless you have gear mesh testing experience. Pete Roper did a nice write up last year about this drive box. There is a really wierd bearing on the pinion shaft. It has a two piece outer race. There's a male threaded collar with castellations that you should have a special tool for removal and installation.

I reread your post and realized I kind of skipped over the "my rear drive" portion. It is a pretty straightforward job. Good luck. See you at the rally, I hope.

Most everybody is packing up and heading out on Sunday morning. :angry: