New? well, not exactly

Zoom Zoom

Hi Folks.

I have allready posted a couple of things here. I was browsing around and thought I might give some here an introduction.

I have a 2001 EV with now 55,000+ miles on it. With that paid for and many more happy miles still ahead, I was in the financial position to be able to get the LeMans I recently bought. When young, I rode my friends mini bikes and then MX bikes. My dad was in the insurance business and would not let me get my own motorcycle. I did however, ride friends bikes, both on the street and in the dirt. My interest gravitated toward cars and ended up purely by accident getting into Cougars. I have had two Eliminators and a couple of XR7's, all late 60's early 70's cars. A '68 Torino GT Fastback and a '73 Mach 1 factory 4 spd round out the cars. The latest ride is an '03 WRX. What a car!!!

I guess about 7 years ago now, I finally got interested and got a bike, A CL350 Honda Scrambler. Graduated to a CB 550K Honda. I still have both. I purchased the EV in Feb. 2001 and suddenly began neglecting my other hobby of radio control model airplanes. You noticed the miles on the EV, right. I enjoy riding whenever possible. When the current LeMans hit the floor, so did I. I just couldn't afford one with the new EV. Well, here we are now. Cash back on left overs and 1.9 financing and a paid for EV. No regrets.

Some will know me from the Topica board,which I rarely frequent, and WildGuzzi. The tag line I use was a result of someones post of "I hate my Guzzi", which resulted in a birrage of replies titled "I love my Guzzi". After being entertained for nearly a week, I finally replied to that post. I simply said "When I get on my Guzzi and start it, it puts a smile on my face and I think about the kid in the Mazda commercial who looks over his shoulder and says Zoom Zoom. Short and sweet.

I install and service Key systems and PBX systems for the wireline side of Alltel. I have been in the fone business for 30 ,(oh my God), years.

I hope I get a chance to meet some of you at the Guzzi Rallies!

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

And I was expecting you to be in the Railroad business.

I had a 350 scrambler as well. It was my first 'big' bike and man, was it a piece of crap. Ok, that was partly my fault....

Good mileage on the EV- drive over to the Iowa Rally if you get a chance.

J

J, that was two lives ago. I was a railroad employee. Raced a steam hammer. After that, I led a life as a race horse. Raced other race horses. Lately, I do fone stuff. :) Not as fun as it used to be but hey, it's a living. Man, I miss those green Kentucky pastures....... Lounging in the sun........

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry