Intro

Greedyfly

Hello,

I bought a 2002 Lemans about a month ago. The only experience I had on a bike before was a Honda 350 about 20 years ago. I am 36 and had always heard about the dangers of biking, but where I work there was a bike buying frenzy. I work in Carmel, IN and live in Zionsville, IN.

The guys had a couple of BMWs, a couple of Hondas and bunches of Harleys. I was looking at a Yamaha 1100 VStar at the time, but I asked Jerry one night at work what other kind of bikes to look at. He was a BMW owner, but after going through all the Japanese sites and the HD site, he suggested looking at moto guzzi. I did and thought they were the ugliest of them all with the exception of the Breva. I found a dealer in Tipton IN and knew my supervisor lived near there. He said "ah yeah I have been in there a couple of times. He sells Carhardt clothing but I have seen two or three bikes there." So the next day we went for a look see. All I had to do was see and sit on the Lemans once and I fell in love with it. Sometimes pictures do lie. In two days I had bought the bike and knew that no one else would have anything like it. In 5 days I had put over 300 miles on it and in a month have put over 1200 miles on it. If I wasn't working 60-70 hour weeks at work, I might already be at teh 6000 mile service interval. :)

I love the thing.

Hope to meet fellow Guzzi owners out there someday.

Shawn