Maximizing carrying capability

Greedyfly

I have the Tekno saddlebags on my 2002 Lemans and am wondering if it is possible to attach the rear cargo rack to the bike also for some addional carrying capability.

I have a tank bag and a backpack so this would completely round out my luggage capabilites if it is possible.

Shawn

I went with the Chong-Chong solution of using an Aprilia moped top box box (about 65) with the the OEM rear rack (about 235). Chong-Chong used the Stucchi rack. It might not be the most visually apealing solution but it works very well for me. Holds full size helmet easily and other "stuff". I do not know what interference there will be (if any) there will be witht he side bags. I think Chong-Chongs post shows with side bags.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...679entry16679

Guest davidb

universal, wing plates, stucci rack with bars welded on the rack. somewhere in the archives of this site there is details and pics. try a search.

Guest slowpoke

Hello out there...! I'm still trying to get an answer on whether anybody has used RKA luggage (seems to fit) and whether anybody has used Bagster both of which seem to have what we need in soft luggage. Any answers... please before I buy another motorcycle!!

Guest slowpoke

That "Bagster" is on the "Eurobikes" website. Sorry, I don't know how to do the link. It looks like a pretty good product and made to fit plus color coded. I just love it when it's "color coded"...

Hello out there...! I'm still trying to get an answer on whether anybody has used RKA luggage (seems to fit) and whether anybody has used Bagster both of which seem to have what we need in soft luggage. Any answers... please before I buy another motorcycle!!

53884[/snapback]

According to my idea of using the motorbike and my personal idea of touring, the best side bags at the moment are the tekno ones, fast and easy to mount on the bike, frames that keep them far from the body. They are not wateproof but this can be overcome by using some waterproof bags inside. The H&B are very good and well made cases, but according to me they are too huge on the Le Mans, the other soft luggage are either too small or take time to be set up on the motorbike, and I don't believe that they absolutely do not scratch the paint. About the bagster I know that they make a very good tank bag and tank cover, colo coded. And both should bee waterproof ( I really hate those water covers, had them with the givi soft bags, they simply teared apart after a couple of hours under the rain, on the motorway, 120km/h).

Since we are talking about luggage and racks, which back rack is tougher, the last moto-guzzi one or the Stucchi?

My mind is going nuts, I always forget something:

the soft sadlebags usually have straps that cross the saddle, I think that those straps make the saddle not very comfortable for the pilion, what do you think?

RKA look nice, but, as I said they are too small for me, and I want to preserve the body and paint of my bike.

Ventura also makes a rack for the V11.  It's ugly, but very functional and it comes off.

J

53840[/snapback]

I did this. Not as ugly as J would have you believe. I'll take some pics with the sport rack and then the T-bag system in place to give an idea, if anyone's interested.

It's not horrible- it's just not as pretty as the Stucchi or the MG racks. It is more functional, though. My Ventura rack is still on my bike, so I guess I like it. I sure use it when I go camping.

Thanks,

Made my dealer happy by ordering the rack and bag for the rear.

If only I could find a cage to hold an 80 lb labrador that fits over the rear seat, I would be all set. :)

Seriously, I was wondering if I made a cage where she couldn't move side to side or turn around, but just sit on the rear end of it, how that would work. Al the cages I have seen aren't made for large dogs

I am sure she would love it.

Scarf, Goggles, ears flapping in the breeze.

Shawn