Forgive me for I have sinned...

Guest Nogbad

Guest Nogbad

On the spur of the moment I went down to the local Harley dealer to check out these Buell things, and the bastards sent me out on their XB12R demo bike.

That thing must be the biking equivalent of a dose of crack.... I want one.... NOW. I never had a bigger grin on my stupid face.

It didn't matter what gear it was in, just whack it open and waahaaay, bonkers, truly bonkers. No bar vibes either, just an occasional buzz through the pegs. Decent mirrors that stay clear too.

I said I wasn't really sure, so the guys said I could take one out for half a day if I got down there in the middle of the week.....

Help. I need help!

On the spur of the moment I went down to the local Harley dealer to check out these Buell things, and the bastards sent me out on their XB12R demo bike.

That thing must be the biking equivalent of a dose of crack.... I want one.... NOW. I never had a bigger grin on my stupid face.

It didn't matter what gear it was in, just whack it open and waahaaay, bonkers, truly bonkers. No bar vibes either, just an occasional buzz through the pegs. Decent mirrors that stay clear too.

I said I wasn't really sure, so the guys said I could take one out for half a day if I got down there in the middle of the week.....

Help. I need help!

53926[/snapback]

Was it really that much faster than a v11? Good thing theyre ugly :P I may have to go look at one just to make sure though :grin::race: Go ahead and buy the thing...see if we care :whistle:

The most fun I ever had on two wheels was when I test rode a Firebolt last November. The size of the bike fits my 5'8" 160 lb. frame perfectly.

Almost bought it -- but -- well -- there's this Guzzi thing I've been afflicted with for 15 years.

Got the V11 instead. No regrets, but I would like to wheelie now and again. There, the Buell excels.

If you got the $, go for it.

I like the buell too, but is a bit below my bike's wish list, even do it is ugly enough for my... next to the MG nera :food: is the Duc. monster they look more like a bike for me, and they does feel good...

MG's can do wheelling too it just take some technique... just drive it while upset you'll dicover the evil hidden under my sweet crusier... sit as far back as you can, the rest is just up to the V and the clutch :mg:

Anthro

I've always found test rides to be great fun, on anything really. Mainly because it isn't mine, and I can run the shit out of the thing without caring. But to live with the stigma of owning a H.D. powered bike, golly, that would be tough for me to take. I try to avoid the potato-potato sound.

Ciao, Steve G.

I test drove a Buel last year too. I got a free Buel Sling Bag and shot of back road fun. Yes it was a hoot, albeit supervised but I found it lacking the stability of the lemans and I found the breaks to be lacking too. Not to mention feeling like my head was infront of the headlight! Roll-ons were comperable but thought he V-11 had longer stronger legs. For me it was a step in the wrong direction but fun just the same being a shot of "strange"! :D

I missed out on the Buel purchase when they stoped making the Cyclone in favor of the current lineup which is Eric's most refined to date. Instead of tyring to find a used one or left-over, I went in quest of a goose. The S-3 was interesting to me too. Not sure of what the long term engine wear issues will be with the new lineup when you have to put a fan on the rear jug to cool it and keep it comperable in temp to the front jug. :huh2:

Having owned two Harleys in the past, I was very interested in the Firebolt R. But I didn't like the loud fan which comes on all the time to cool the back piston. I also didn't really care for the character of the vibration - and then, it's a Harley with all the Harley issues. I started it up and sat on it, but didn't go for a ride. I then went down to the Guzzi dealer and started up and sat on a Lemans. That was it. I had owned two Guzzis in the past, and sitting on that Lemans brought back to me the fact that I am addicted to the Guzzi motor. That's all there is to it. I bought a Sport.

Guest Nogbad
Was it really that much faster than a v11? Good thing theyre ugly  :P I may have to go look at one just to make sure though :grin:  :race: Go ahead and buy the thing...see if we care  :whistle:

53929[/snapback]

It really did feel much faster than my V11 at the bottom end and in the midrange, probably it weighs a lot less, and the race kitted 1200 has about 15bhp more than the V11. The belt drive loses a lot less power than the shaft, so the combination of those things is probably the reason for the lively feel.

V11 brakes are a lot better, more progressive. The Buell front stopper seemed to be grabby, and you don't want that in the wet!

Maybe my V11 has a problem because I have to downshift to make sure I am above 4500 rpm else it pings and rattles. It doesn't really pick up its skirts and fly till 5500 - 6000 rpm.

had always liked this bike.

but got the lemans instead.

i am a sucker for design and when i saw a photo of the teni i just had to have it.

i then walked into a delership in conn. and they had it on display .that was it.

but lately i have begun to like the goldwing,...a sign of aging ?

Buell and V11, now you're talking :). My 1997 S1 Lightning...

aan.jpg

I love them both :wub:. Each has a unique 'feel' and character. They're not perfect and mainstream riders deride them as 'tractors', but nothing I've ridden on test rides has come close. I'll be keeping both the S1 and V11 for ever and ever and ever.... :bike:.

Guest Nogbad
I love them both  :wub:. Each has a unique 'feel' and character. They're not perfect and mainstream riders deride them as 'tractors', but nothing I've ridden on test rides has come close. I'll be keeping both the S1 and V11 for ever and ever and ever.... :bike:.

53964[/snapback]

It's easy for you people who have space for more than one bike.......

Guest Nogbad
post-1243-1118595728_thumb.jpg

The next additions are going into the conservatory......... :thumbsup:

54016[/snapback]

It's easy for you people who have money for more than one bike......

Guest aironepony
It's easy for you people who have money for more than one bike......

54026[/snapback]

Yep!............... :thumbsup: