Hello all

wambiker

Just a post to say hi, I've just joined this forum having bought a 2000 V11 Sport :D , I will pick it up in a fortnight when I get back from holidays :D:D . I,ve got a Morini 31/2 Strada which I,ve had 10 years and is the 5th I've owned (bit like an illness you never really get over :huh2: ) but decided I needed something bigger and more modern, tried an assortment of modern things, but came down to a choice between a Ducati monster and V11. Monster was good but serving and overall impression of fragility ruled it out. Having built a V50 Monza for my kid sister a few years ago and restored a Mk1 Lemans decided to take the plunge with the V11. I,ve been a firefighter in Liverpool(UK) for 25 years but have always ridden bikes since before that (30 years of bikes at the last count), and have worked part-time as both car and bike mechanic. So will no doubt be asking stupid questions as I learn my way mechanically around this bike, must remember to look up old posts first :thumbsup: ! Anyway enough for now good luck and good days to you all. :bier:

Guest Nogbad

Welcome. From the sound of your experience you will probably be able to rebuild a V11 with your eyes shut and one arm tied behind your back!

Cheers for the vote of confidence Nogbad, we'll see :thumbsup: . Have made first cock-up just discovered there was a section for introductions :doh: ! Glad to see some other UK members on this forum.

Cheers Gary :D

Welcome, Gary! k

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, will pick up my V11 tomorrow so will get back with my first impressions soon. This is my first large cc bike for about 10 years. Last was a Suzuki gsxr which i got nicked on at over 150mph on the motorway. Cop was in a good mood and let me off with 90mph and a small fine and points rather than instant ban and possible prison sentance and loss of job etc. So it has taken me 10 years to calm down a little, or just be more carefull!! :P:P