Preaching to the choir...

txrider

I bought this LM in January, used, low miles, brought it home and immediately began partial disasembly to check lubrication, fastener torques and generally going over the bike to insure reliability. I was in no hurry, took my time detailing and refining some items, particularly the battery tray arrangement and so the project stretched into several months while I researched and worked.

Well, it's complete and on the road and the bike is much better than I imagined. I kept the stock crossover and Staintunes that came with it as well as the Titanio Racing ECU all of which make the bike run pretty strong. I guess it's the engine that makes the bike so much fun to ride at 70-75 but roll ons over that and the sound produced is really great. What an incredible ride and the bike's appearance has elicited several compliments from my usually tight-lipped riding buddies. I'm adjusting to the bikes ergonomics for now, the bar position is rather a reach for my 5'8" height but at speed seems fine. But the seat is good for maybe 1-1/4 hours before I need to get off and stretch my old body. Maybe Rich Maund or Sargeant can help with that (the seat, not the age).

Finally, thanks to the folks maintaining this site and to others, particularly Ratchet for all the tips and help in maintenance and info. I recognize fellow gearhead types when I see'em and a lot of you guys really know your stuff. Compliments on that and I can see I'm in good company.