Rosso Mandello

richard100t

I'm just turning 4000 miles on the Rosso. So for alls well, the bike runs perfectly :mg: I wont bitch too much about the pinion gear I broke because that happens with horseplay sometimes. Other than that I've had a blown fuse & thats it. My wrinkle paint even seems to be fine. My next options will be throttlemeisters & Mistrals. The Mistrals later than sooner. Oh & I'll be replacing the battery as the battery light comes on soon after startup, but it goes out once I rev it a little. It is almost 5 years old I guess. I still need to do that fork oil change yet, I'll have to call my dealer for the seals just in case. Is there anything I'm missing at 4000 miles for service that should be done? I'm thinking about replacing the brake fluid, but what about the clutch fluid? Well I'll keep my fingers crossed but I think I have one of the better bikes that came from Mandello. Must have been made on a tuesday afternoon or something lol

If you're only averaging 800 miles a year, I would suggest you actualy start the engine as opposed to pushing it every where :D

No glad that it's going well for you. Self inflicted drive shaft episodes excepted :thumbsup:

I checked it had 315 on it when you first posted in Feb, so thats Okay just kidding

Change the brake and clutch fluids, are hydroscopic so would have picked up moisture even if just stood.

The rest is more mainly mileage dependant i would have thought.

Batterys have a shelf life of about 5 years it would seem, so not sure if thats the cause of the increase revs required for the light to go out or would be something else on the charging side. electrickery not my strong point. I current(ly) (sic) forget what is :D

Wouldn't hurt to grease and oil, a lot would depend on what was done when you collected it. There is a service chart in the hand book I think, but don't have it with me at work,