Carbon cans

Dan M

To the collective wisdom here: Anyone have any experience with M4 Carbonfiber mufflers sold by MPH cycles in Houston? They claim very good quality, and they certianly look good in the photo. I have concerns about noise level and fitment. I've been leaning toward Mistrals but these came up and are a couple of hundred dollars less expensive. Any clues out there?

Guest MikeC

Dan,

I do not have any experience with the cans but I do have some with MPH. They are a class act and would not sell anything to their customers unless they were 100% sure of quality.

Call them up and talk and inquire. I'm sure they will answer all your questions truthfully.

Mike

I like MPH and just about purchased the M4's from them but I stumbled on a MG Ti pipe kit and bought those instead. MPH said the M4's were plug and play....good fit...uses the stock hangers. MPH also responded timely to email inquiries. Good luck.

Rocketman

I like MPH and just about purchased the M4's from them but I stumbled on a MG Ti pipe kit and bought those instead.  MPH said the M4's were plug and play....good fit...uses the stock hangers.  MPH also responded timely to email inquiries.  Good luck.

Rocketman

54230[/snapback]

Mike & Rocketman,

Thanks for the info, I E-mailed MPH today and am waiting for a reply.

I have the carbon M4's on my V11 Sport and new Lemans Nero Corsa. It sounds great, isn't too loud and works with the standard FI setup. Mike Haven told me that there was a fix for the fairly obnoxious M4 logo on the pipes, however, I haven't seen the new decal as yet.

Wick

Guest ckamin

For Christmas/Hanukkah, I put the M4's, Stucchi x-over and a power commander (c/o Todd Egan) on my '03 V11 sport naked. Love it! The pipes sound really good without being obnoxious and fit/finish was first class. In addition, the mufflers and the tubes that connects them to the x-over are two separate pieces, which makes fitment and alignment easier.

I, too, got them through MPH and was super happy with their service. I had them shipped to California.

My only gripe? The M4 logo could be a little smaller or easier to remove.

Let me know what you think!

For Christmas/Hanukkah, I put the M4's, Stucchi x-over and a power commander (c/o Todd Egan) on my '03 V11 sport naked. Love it! The pipes sound really good without being obnoxious and fit/finish was first class. In addition, the mufflers and the tubes that connects them to the x-over are two separate pieces, which makes fitment and alignment easier.

I, too, got them through MPH and was super happy with their service. I had them shipped to California.

My only gripe? The M4 logo could be a little smaller or easier to remove.

Let me know what you think!

54509[/snapback]

Thanks again for the tips guys. I installed the M4's yesterday. they literally went on in 10 minutes. They look great and sound even better. I agree though, the emblems are a little large.