Good deal?

richard100t

Ok I had a slow leak in my front tire & wanted to replace it as it had 4000 miles on it. I bought a pirelli 120/70-17 supercorsa front tire for $90 tax included, it listed for $187.95 originally. Sounds like I got a good deal, but I dont know the $187 price sounded way too high anyway. Anyone else have one of these? I've read other posts with good things to say of the pirellis. I was just wondering if it was a great deal or just a normal price.

I think that sounds like a good deal. Did it come with a brake line?  :grin:

54544[/snapback]

Ok ok enough with the brake line lmao. I got one on order today from mph in houston. I tried to get Speakers on the phone but no answer today. :huh2: Oh well it will be in, in about a week.

supercorsa is a great tyre. there are 2 versions, same look different rubber.

there is a street legal version, and there are the race versions, the race versions are in 3 compounds called 1 2 3 where one is soft and 3 is hard.

The race versions are basicaly as near as a slick as you can get with profile. Used in lots of hobby racing, also by me. They are no rain tyres. That's not there strenght.

The road version has a different rubber mix adjusted to a wider operating temperature, and is default on rsv-r aprillia's

I only know the race version, sticks like bubblegum.

that's street, look here to see.

http://www.newportcycleparts.com/categorie...irelli_sprt.htm

54549[/snapback]

Looks like I did get a good deal by about $50 over their sale price :D Bad news was my old tire had a nail in it. To think I was hitting triple digit speeds in it just this weekend :o Oh well at least I kept the rubber side down, besides that my luck has been crap. Still all in all I love riding the thing more than anything (just about) Its well worth the extra couple bucks a month. Some people see a therapist, I ride a Guzzi :mg:

Ok I had the Pirelli put on today. At first I thought, ho hum no big difference... Until I took it hard in a twisty bit of road. That front tire makes the bike turn in faster, change direction faster & I can lean farther over. Once I got the tire properly scuffed its great! I went right back to the dealer to buy the rear matching Pirelli! Thats how taken I am with the front one. Sorry to say they only had the front tire left & no more Pirellis :( That must have been why I got such a good deal on it, it was their last one. Guess I'll have to pay closer to retail for the back one :bbblll: Well worth the $$$ though. I doubt I'll ever put a different brand tire on my bike unless I'm very strapped for cash. Btw I have one used front Bridgestone with a nail in it for sale lol the first $15 takes it! Otherwise I'm going to plug it myself & keep it as a spare (emergency) tire.