Time for speed

big J

Rooting through the shed looking for a fibre washer I came across the BelfastGuzzi holy grail- A chronometric speedo off some long deceased brit! With this, I'll know what time I'm going,not how fast.I can now be back just afterI've left, no matter how far I go!I'll never be late again,cos I can just reset the speedo,and I'm on time! Brilliant! :)

Guest Nogbad
Rooting through the shed looking for a fibre washer I came across the BelfastGuzzi holy grail- A chronometric speedo off some long deceased brit! With this, I'll know what time I'm going,not how fast.I can now be back just afterI've left, no matter how far I go!I'll never be late again,cos I can just reset the speedo,and I'm on time! Brilliant!  :)

54677[/snapback]

Now you have the chronometric speedo you can spend the rest of your life scouring autojumbles to get the rest of the Vincent Black Shadow to put it on.

Guest aironepony
Rooting through the shed looking for a fibre washer I came across the BelfastGuzzi holy grail- A chronometric speedo off some long deceased brit! With this, I'll know what time I'm going,not how fast.I can now be back just afterI've left, no matter how far I go!I'll never be late again,cos I can just reset the speedo,and I'm on time! Brilliant!  :)

54677[/snapback]

Be very careful. Some of these items are original Tardis equipment. Qualified and experienced time lords have trouble with them so be very careful. Do not fit a ChronoMetric odometer to just any bike; it is entirely possible for you to generate a time vortex that will project you and that bike into another parallel world where "oil consumption" and "relay function" are unknown as conversational topics. Beware!

....................... :thumbsup:

Can some explain what the difference between chronometric and regular speedos are (no I don't mean the swimming trunks). My first car a '68 Jag XJ6 2.8 had one apparently, it made a ticking noise . Looked great. Whats the Tech stuff?

Can some explain what the difference between chronometric and regular speedos are (no I don't mean the swimming trunks). My first car a '68 Jag XJ6 2.8 had one apparently, it made a ticking noise . Looked great. Whats the Tech stuff?

54703[/snapback]

I think the difference is the chronometric thing is kind of like a clock movement in reverse so that gearing and an escape mechanism move the needle. Entirely unsure on that. Expensive to make though, compared to the eddy current type of speedometers normally used in vehicles. That one is sort of a magnetic drag on a disk driving the needle. No gears whatsoever.