NGC/ neat pics

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

http://www.zoomify.com/

Several months ago I posted a 2.5 gigapixel photo that you could zoom in and move around...one with fantastic detail. Here are more photos from the same company. Go to SEE FULL-SCREEN DEMO PHOTO! and use the arrows to scroll, zoom, move, rotate, etc. You could spend hours looking at the many details. Enjoy!

If you go to this site there are MANY photos to see.

http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/default.htm

Cool. I am searching for a proram on the NASA website that allows access to satellite photo's of the entire Earth with many as recent as a few monthes. No luck yet but will let you know when I find it. The resolution is enough to see automobiles.

Try this site for some impressive video's.

Tsunami Videos

Cool. I am searching for a proram on the NASA website that allows access to satellite photo's of the entire Earth with many as recent as a few monthes. No luck yet but will let you know when I find it. The resolution is enough to see automobiles.

54787[/snapback]

You mean this one?

terraserver

Thaks Jason, but

Thanks for your interest in Google Earth, but we're sorry we can't offer you a download right now. As you know, Google Earth is in beta, and we're still building out our ability to take on new users. We're making good progress, and expect to be able to accept new downloads shortly, so we recommend you check back daily at earth.google.com. We hope to be able to welcome you and other new planet surfers soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Google Earth Team

maps.google.com is fairly good and is a browser window. Default mode is a zoomed out map of the USA but you can click on "satellite" in the upper right hand corner and get satellite views. Resolution varies for various locations in the USA (too bad it doesn't do the rest of the world although you can see a very poor resolution image of the U.K.). It's kind of fun to look at all of the craters at the Nevada Test Site or cruise over to Area 51 (not great resolution there though). I didn't see any aliens...

Thaks Jason, but

Thanks for your interest in Google Earth, but we're sorry we can't offer you a download right now. As you know, Google Earth is in beta, and we're still building out our ability to take on new users. We're making good progress, and expect to be able to accept new downloads shortly, so we recommend you check back daily at earth.google.com. We hope to be able to welcome you and other new planet surfers soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Google Earth Team

55292[/snapback]

I can upload the Google Earth app somewhere if you guys want, yep I got in before everone emailed everyone else about this...

how cool is it? VERY...especially if you bookmark all your favourite roads (around the globe!) & let it play the animation starting from a satellite position.

not_nasa_Scura!