How Fast is Fast

st. augustine

Last night there was a horrendous accident by my house. My daughter (w/Duc 750) and me (w/ Scura) spent an hour looking over the scene and trying to make sense of what witnesses were saying and trying to filter out the rumors . Here is picture from the paper... http://www.staugustine.com/stories/062605/new_3168246.shtml (I couldnt insert the picture only because the V11 site said 11KB was to big to upload, not sure what's going on there. Can someone else upload it from the weblink?).

and here was the text...A motorcyclist received "extremely grave" injuries Saturday night after he crashed his motorcycle into the side of a sport utility vehicle on Anastasia Boulevard, law enforcement personnel said.

The man, whose identity is not yet released by the Florida Highway Patrol, was driving a cafe racer-style motorcycle southbound about 9 p.m. Saturday when a gray Chevrolet SUV pulled out in front of him at San Raphael Street, witnesses said.

The bike T-boned the SUV, knocking it over and nearly folding it in half. Both vehicles were totalled.

One witness, Laurence Champagne, 18, of Gilbert, W.Va., said he was in a car going northbound when he saw and heard the motorcycle "wind out," or accelerate rapidly.

"It looked like he was going 90 mph," Champagne said. "The car just sat there, and (the motorcyclist) tried to hit his brakes but he was going too fast."

His mother, Monique Lester, was in the car and said the accident happened "in the blink of an eye. It made me sick."

The crash knocked the shoes off the motorcyclist.

He was taken to Flagler Hospital by St. Johns County Fire-Rescue, but a condition report was not available by press time.

The occupants in the SUV, said by witnesses to be a man and woman, were also taken to Flagler Hospital. Their condition is also not available yet.

Motorcyclists in the passing traffic slowed down and stared hard at the broken bike. The driver's helmet sat undamaged on the ground. It isn't know if he was wearing it.

FHP traffic homicide troopers measured everything, assisted by St. Augustine police and St. Johns County sheriff's deputies.

A line of brake fluid and oil ran in a dark trail into the sewer, like blood.

One woman watching the law enforcement officers work kept shaking her head.

She didn't want to be identified, but said she was local.

"You couldn't tell how fast he was going, he was going so fast," she said.

TX, you have to turn you in a St.Agustine member.

Than you might see the tremendous accident at st.agustine’s home.

Well I am not kind of person who likes to see the accident of other people.

In Holland they call them, “ramp tourisme” I think the translation is pretty the same.