V11 Le Mans & V11S

biesel

Great research!

What does "umbau" mean?

Three of the links under that category are two brothers bars.

Jason Telford if you are reading this, where did you source the bar clamps?

I should have a Centauro bar installation shot in a few weeks, to add to the FAQ.

(If the new hydraulic lines get here soon)

Great research!

What does "umbau" mean?

Three of the links under that category are two brothers bars.

Jason Telford if you are reading this, where did you source the bar clamps?

I should have a Centauro bar installation shot in a few weeks, to add to the FAQ.

(If the new hydraulic lines get here soon)

I sourced the bar clamp from my local guzzi dealer :P

It's a (used) stock bar clamps from a V11EV. It bolts right on when you've drilled the holes. I've got bars on the bike now, but its too cold to ride-I'll get pics and all that up next week or two (sorry- been busy). I don't know how easy it's going to be to get to the ignition switch with the facia on this style clamp, but I'll find out.

One thing to consider with this bike is that the spacing between bar clamps is about 5.75 inches or 146 mm, so you need a bar with a center distance of 6 inches or 152 mm. The bars I got were from speigler (www.spieglerusa.com/ ) for, I think $70. Well made bar. Kind of pricey, but it fits. I bought the shortest bar (Handlebar, aluminum Ø22x18, 12cm/4.75",14cm/5.5",76cm/30", rise/pullback/width, silver 70-70229-11). I have not replaced any hydraulic lines or electrical connections, but I will have to if I use any longer of a bar. The stock lines are just barely long enough. I did have to bend the brake banjo connector at the master cylinder (and route the line behind the bar, like this photo- http://www.v11lemans.com/html/gallery/jpeg_51.htm).

Cheers,

Jason