Wanted fairing for V11S

Guest hogjockey

Guest hogjockey

Anyone have a new or used fairing for sale that will work on this bike.

I dont really care of the condition or color, can fix cracks and Paint

must come with mounting hardware

Also a fairing for road racing use with no headlamp cut out for same bike

Or if anyone can point me in the right direction to buy one..

Thanks Tony :race:

Oh also have a fender eliminator kit new in box made by Evoluzione. This is a nice Kit. If you can use it Ill sell it right . Never used.......go to evoluzione. net

I'm still experimenting:

V11SportwithSportiFairing.gif

V11project.01.gif

V11project.02.gif

This was the inspiration.

Sport1100wfairing.jpg

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but a full road race type fairing for the V11 Sport pretty much has to be adapted from something else. The biggest problem I've had so far is getting up courage to cut the fairing ears of a relatively uncommon 93 Daytona fairing to clear the much wider gas tank of the V11 Sport. The next problem will be the clip-ons for the same reason. Likely to be accomplished with much gnashing of teeth and emptying of wallet.

Once I've determined which clip-ons will work, I will do my project with the early Daytona fairing with lowers. I will be left with enough parts to build up a late model Daytona RS fairing or the Airtech Sport 1100i fairing. I have no idea what the relative value is, but it isn't particularly inexpensive although it would be less than a Magni fairing. I suspect the clip ons will make for a fairly uncomfortable position because of how low they'll be. Just an FYI on this particular type of adaptation.

QUOTE(guzziownr @ Jul 3 2005, 08:32

Here is a selection from airtech: www.airtech-streamlining.com

But this is what I used: [url=http://omarsdtr.com/fairings.html)

http://omarsdtr.com/fairings.html[/url]

The 8" opening fits the Bosch headlight perfectly.  Cheap?  No.  $159 with roll your own hardware.  I still like it and plan to color match it in the future.

DW

55474[/snapback]

Cool, I liked this one from Omars

8fairside.jpg

Before I crashed, I had a BMWR90S fairing from Airtech. They are not cheap either, but do excellent work.(Very light and strong).

JRT has a how to on his version somewhere...