First Service

Guest Fly4hire

Guest Fly4hire

I have all the requisite manuals, how to files etc. for doing my own service on my V11. The manual calls for service at 1000 miles. I'm wondering if there is any harm in pushing this closer to 1300 or so? I have a weekend ride coming up and it means either doing the service at 700 or after, closer to 1300. I'm not that familiar with Guzzi service and igotcha's, but my experience with other bikes is that most dealers feel the 600/1000 mile service is too soon given the break-in wear that between this first service and the next 6K service.

If you look in the manual it says something about the break in service being performed between a certain mile range. I forget what the range was but 1300 miles shouldnt hurt it at all. If its running well I wouldnt worry about it.

Personally, I don't trust the factory, So, I would try to go with 700 miles, but do try to squeeze in as many 20 - 50 mile runs as you can between now and the first service.

In my opinion the oil change, the valve adjustment, throttle body balance, and checking for loose bolts are the most critical and probably should be done at 500 - 750 miles anyway.