new member here

Guest redguzziv10

Guest redguzziv10

ok, i've changed bikes, changed forums. i suppose i ought to change user names as well soon.

just bought a 2003 V11 Sport, in antique red (cos i liked the colour) so what do i have to look out for?

I checked out the recalls, apparently none needed doing to it....waheeyyy!

Welcome,

The only problem that you might suffer is the gear box pawl spring. A batch of oversized bosses entered the system and afflict various models apparently at random. Loads of information on here but most collected convieniantly at in the frequently asked questions section

The other issues seem to be mainly quality control and how the bike was set up initialy. Blistering or flaking paint, dry bearings, some dodgy relays its all on here somewhere.

Some seem to have a bigger flat spot than others and many go down the free breathing exhausts, airbox mods and PCIII route. Others don't.

Then theres tyres variations on make, and even dropping a size to get sharper turn in, but I think we're unaminous on black. I won't enen mention oil and addatives (bugger thats done it) and suspension........

I hope the previous owner would have sorted out the niggles, or is one thats been sat on a shop floor?

As you've come from a previous Guzzi it's no more than you'd expect.

Guest redguzziv10

crikey ! wish i hadn't asked now.

i think it's a pretty well sorted bike already, did 200 miles on it over the weekend and was amazed at how "different" the bike is to the V10.

Also what is puzzling is how two essentially the same bikes can have two completely different sets of "niggles".

The paint on the engine by the way is a matt black "crinkle" finish ...well cool! is this of the variety which suffers from feeling!

The paint on the engine by the way is a matt black "crinkle" finish ...well cool! is this of the variety which suffers from feeling!

Mine is and has blistered very badly , but not all do it. For 2004 they went to a statin black finish.

In the two years I've had mine from new I've suffered, oil pressure switch, neutral switch failures, rear shock one of the eyes split (3 times world wide only) both headers cracked( 3 reports on this forum). All sorted on warranty. Still waiting for a definative answer on the paint but not holding my breath.

Also one of the mirrors the plastic ball at the bottom split causing it to fall off - sorted that my self. The rubber side stand stop bit fell off- big deal more ground clearance if I ever get over that far..

I've had no issues with the relays or the gearbox spring.

I've done 12000 miles love her to death. The wife doesn't she thinks it's a piece of junk. So as long as she doesn't ask me to choose between the two of them all is cool.

Going to the V11 and Buel Highland Fling this weekend and doing some

Round Britain Rally landmarks at the same time. Probably do over 2000 miles in the 5 days that I'm away. Did 1700 5 weeks ago going to Ireland, same sort of thing. no problems (once the throttle body was put back on - ha)

You will see the worse aspects on here, but they're good old busses really