Bike shop highley recommended

Steve G.

I can highly rate a bike shop in the centre part of California, Modesto to be exact. On our return trip from the Moto GP, one of our group had a rear wheel bearing go away bad and quick, in Santa Nella. No Ducati dealer, in fact no bike shop at all. So a 200$ flat deck ride to Modesto found the shop there who handles Yamaha, I think Modesto Yamaha. Modesto resident Callison can confirm this. Anyways, these guys really pulled out all the stops to get his bike right, including sending the kid to the bearing shop to get the new bearings, and, refusing to charge anything but their cost on them, and not charging any fee. Adrian was very impressed and tipped everyone there. He is also sending a letter with a suitable payment and letter of thanks, and will be sending a letter to Yamaha USA stating his highly positive thoughts. This is a guy who is not easily impressed upon.

Ciao, Steve G.

Back in my Yamaha days (1982 Seca 650) I frequented that shop. They were, and are - good guys. That shop used to be Kenny Roberts Yamaha. BTW, I am no longer residing in Modesto having completed (nearly) the move to Oklahoma.

Carl Allison

c/o Oklahoma State Prison

Maximum Security, Cell Block V11

Oklahoma, USA

Please write to me  :(

56406[/snapback]

Gee, that's news to me. Joe, you haven't been calling the local constabulary and telling tall tales have you? :o

I've PM'd, check your messages.

Gad, I bring 4 Moto Guzzis and it increases the Moto Guzzi population of the state (Oklahoma) nearly 4%. I haven't seen anything but a few thousand HD's, two Gold Wings, a Triumph and a few UJM's since I got here. Oh and four Guzzis belonging to Russ Marooney, one of the local Guzzisti and a really nice guy. His Quota is for sale if anyone is looking for a nice one. I'd go for it, but I've got my sights set on a Breva 1100 to replace the California.

Carl, there are lot's of good Guzzi people down that way, just not all in OK.

Texas has a fair number; I have several friends in the Dallas area on Guzzis now. Alabama has some hard-core types that'll keep you up drinking all night, and Missouri....don't even get me started. :drink:

Oh, by the way, how's prison food?