Recommended Tire Pressure - BAR & PSI

Woodburn

Cliff, I had slowly increased my steering damping on my 00 V11sport to compensate for the wear in the front tire. After reading your post (and changing the front tire) I backed the damper all the way off. Felt like the bike lost 75 pounds!

On the "some tires - some bikes" discussion: I remember the Pirelli Dragon Corsa that came on the sport. Very nervous tire. Just like Carl was describing, like it would not 'settle down' yet would turn in very sharply.

That pirelli has the pronouced 'vee' shape of a roadrace tire. No doubt the V11s is much friendlier on the road with a rounder profile.

Look well ahead, docc

I've got both wheels off my bike now to get the rims powdercoated red and get the new tires on.

I found the "hidden" bearing in the rear drive that supports the axle is fine. The rear wheel bearings I changed at 8k miles are still good as are the oem front wheel bearings. I got just over 10k miles on the oem BT57 radials and was pretty happy with them. But I'm looking to save a buck this time around. Which model of the new Cheng Shin sport radials would be best for the bike? :doh:

Oh calm down. Y'all know I'm kidding. Geez.

• 4 months later...
Carl, do you still have the steering dampener on. Mine leaked and developed air bubbles so I shelved it. Made a huge difference. Most of the weight of the bike was the dampener, even at the lowest settings.. Still stable at the speeds I ride at.

I found this post by Cliff and had to try it myself

so I removed the steering damper. :luigi:

Conclusion:

at least for me it is a great option :bike: ,

better handling at low speeds and no problems what so ever

on bumpy winding roads or at high speed runs (up to 160 km/h). :thumbsup: