K&N airfilter

Gents, who know the code of the K&N filter?

Is it maybe the: RC2580?

56472[/snapback]

Hi Antonio, it is hard to get an idea of scale from the picture to know exactly which part number it is. If your question is in regards to which part number of a cone pod fits, most people use the RC-1200 or RU-1200.

Hi Antonio, it is hard to get an idea of scale from the picture to know exactly which part number it is.  If your question is in regards to which part number of a cone pod fits, most people use the RC-1200 or RU-1200.

56542[/snapback]

Just because I was curious, I looked both the RU and RC models up to find out what the difference was. The RC has a chrome finish, the RU is rubber. The RC also has no inner wire - whatever that means.

Just because I was curious, I looked both the RU and RC models up to find out what the difference was. The RC has a chrome finish, the RU is rubber. The RC also has no inner wire - whatever that means.

56564[/snapback]

yes, when I bought my RC a few months ago there was no RU-1200 shown :homer:

....oh well. The chrome actually doesn't look that bad.

yes, when I bought my RC a few months ago there was no RU-1200 shown  :homer:

....oh well.  The chrome actually doesn't look that bad.

56568[/snapback]

Which one do you have bought???

Do you have the code of it?

Can you post some pic?

The RC1200 has a Flange Inside Diameter: 2.063 in (52 mm)

Yesterday I have measured it and it was 50mm. I don't get it... :huh: WHY RC 1200! ! ! !

greetings, Antonio

Which one do you have bought???

Do you have the code of it?

Can you post some pic?

The RC1200 has a Flange Inside Diameter: 2.063 in (52 mm)

Yesterday I have measured it and it was 50mm. I don't get it... :huh: WHY RC 1200! ! ! !

greetings, Antonio

56578[/snapback]

Antonio, you're exactly right, the 1200 models are about 1 mm more than I would prefer. I don't have a pic of mine right now..but check out post #48 of this thread for a pic.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...8&hl=pods&st=40

When I looked at all the K&N filters available, all the filters with a smaller inner di were not as large as I would have liked. The pods were looked much smaller and I don't think they looked good nor would get enough air. The RC-1200 I have fits fine once you replace the KN clamp with a hose clamp that can tighten down to extent needed to secure the pod with no air leaks.