Wood beaded seats

Ralph Werner

What really burns my a__ _is a candle about four feet high! I know that's an old, stale joke but when it's really hot out do these wood beaded seats really work? I have a friend who rides mucho miles and he swears by them. I've tried sheepskin and I have a Maund saddle that is really comfortable but in 90F+ weather my butt gets cooking (and that ain't good!). :bbblll::bbblll:

Sad to say that in 50 years of riding I haven't found a solution (other than staying home in air conditioning or standing on the pegs for a few moments). :doh:

Guest hogjockey
What really burns my a__ _is a candle about four feet high! I know that's an old, stale joke but when it's really hot out do these wood beaded seats really work? I have a friend who rides mucho miles and he swears by them. I've tried sheepskin and I have a Maund saddle that is really comfortable but in 90F+ weather my butt gets cooking (and that ain't good!). :bbblll:  :bbblll:

Sad to say that in 50 years of riding I haven't found a solution (other than staying home in air conditioning or standing on the pegs for a few moments).  :doh:

56491[/snapback]

your friend is right , the wood beads work great on a motorcycle, but man they look like a monkey ****** a goose...... But in the name of comfort i guess its cool.

If you put some on your goose let see a pic of it. :race:

You have to be willing to sacrifice style for comfort on occassion. I've found the sheepskins to be adequate, but I bet the wood seats breath better. One downside is they are pretty slick, so if you're an active rider, always moving on the seat, into hard cornering, etc. then it may not offer the traction you need. One other potential drawback is that with any seat addition, the 'feel' of the back is less. Like the bike's had a couple of beers- it's just slower to respond and gives less feedback.